Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Thanks Stork,
in the meantime I uninstalled windows, but of course booting is still not fixed.
I will post there, thanks for the advice.
In the meantime, I can still wait for bios to go to posted, and then boot from there, but it's not ideal.

I am running High Sierra 10.13.5, Asus Maximum X Hero, i7 8700 and the RX580 as described in post 131. I am having difficulties and want to use Safe Mode to isolate the problem but am unable to boot into it by holding down the shift key as on a regular Mac. My computer only boots in the regular mode. Is there a way to get into Safe Mode with a Hackintosh?

I am running High Sierra 10.13.5, Asus Maximum X Hero, i7 8700 and the RX580 as described in post 131. I am having difficulties and want to use Safe Mode to isolate the problem but am unable to boot into it by holding down the shift key as on a regular Mac. My computer only boots in the regular mode. Is there a way to get into Safe Mode with a Hackintosh?
Yes. At the Clover Boot screen, press the Space Bar, and check the Safe Mode to boot from.

Did you create a workable SSDT for USB ports? If so, please post so you can share.

Hi @Stork Here is the SSDT I created for the Hero X last year to keep USB at the 15 Port limit. I wanted all my case ports to work, and also needed one internally to connect my Broadcom card for Bluetooth, so sacrificed the 2 non USB3 ports on the rear panel. I included pictures so you can see which are working and are not with my files. Also I have USB charging for iDevices enabled which is what the extra EC file is for so you will want to remove it from DSDT patches. All USB3 ports are mapped to work for both USB2 and 3 so therefore take up 2 each of the 15 port limit. Luckily the Type C ports on the rear are on a different controller so don't matter.

I have included the aml files ready to drop into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and also the dsl files for people to tweak for their setups. Don't anyone ask me for any help though to suit your own port wishes. It took me long enough to work out carefully following the guides and I am glad I did it for myself, so I am sure anyone can create their own if they put in the time and effort.

Attachments

• USB 15 Port With USB Charging.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hi @Stork Here is the SSDT I created for the Hero X last year to keep USB at the 15 Port limit. I wanted all my case ports to work, and also needed one internally to connect my Broadcom card for Bluetooth, so sacrificed the 2 non USB3 ports on the rear panel. I included pictures so you can see which are working and are not with my files. Also I have USB charging for iDevices enabled which is what the extra EC file is for so you will want to remove it from DSDT patches. All USB3 ports are mapped to work for both USB2 and 3 so therefore take up 2 each of the 15 port limit. Luckily the Type C ports on the rear are on a different controller so don't matter.

I have included the aml files ready to drop into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and also the dsl files for people to tweak for their setups. Don't anyone ask me for any help though to suit your own port wishes. It took me long enough to work out carefully following the guides and I am glad I did it for myself, so I am sure anyone can create their own if they put in the time and effort.
Thank you for the contribution of your SSDT USB port limit. Looks like you've "hit the nail on the head" with your choosing the ports to include/exclude. And, yes, it does take time to do the research and create the SSDT. Thus, I appreciate your contribution.:clap:

Heads up to @pastrychef.

Thank you for the contribution of your SSDT USB port limit. Looks like you've "hit the nail on the head" with your choosing the ports to include/exclude. And, yes, it does take time to do the research and create the SSDT. Thus, I appreciate your contribution.:clap:

Heads up to @pastrychef.

Thanks for all the help from yourself and others on this thread that has helped me achieve such a stable system with absolutely everything working perfectly. Glad to be able to help out in a small way.

You should be able to answer a conversation I sent you. However, you can post your response here as it's subject is appropriate for this thread.

Did you create a workable SSDT for USB ports? If so, please post so you can share.
Hello
I finally had a moment to pass the SSDT of my Motherboard
in the frame images the ports that are working
In addition, the USB port for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth card is working
I leave everything here in case it serves for someone
To me, works perfectly

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 71
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    847 bytes · Views: 67
@jarvise, thank you for sharing. Did you need to add anything to your config.plist. (I know you removed your port limit patch.)

@jarvise, thank you for sharing. Did you need to add anything to your config.plist. (I know you removed your port limit patch.)
I also leave my config.plist
if it is useful for anyone and also if I have something wrong in my config.plist
to me at the moment everything works perfectly

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 134
Hello
I finally had a moment to pass the SSDT of my Motherboard
in the frame images the ports that are working
In addition, the USB port for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth card is working
I leave everything here in case it serves for someone
To me, works perfectlyView attachment 388785View attachment 388786

Are you sure the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are not working? They are on a separate controller and should work. They should not be affected by the SSDT.

Back