Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

No, it isn’t. USB C and thunderbolt aren’t the same thing. They just share the same connector.
Is the USB-C on the maximus x hero Thunderbolt capable? I just got an adapter for a Thunderbolt audio interface, but I can't seem to get it working. I looked around but I can't seem to find any info on it. Are there any other work arounds? Thanks!

Is anyone here having problem with sleep/have sleep work 100%? I have this build almost exactly, but every time I put the computer to sleep, it wakes itself up about 20 seconds later. The fans spin down, it gets to sleep and then *click* it wakes itself up again!

I had this problem before. In my case was the PCI Bluetooth/Wifi card.

I had this problem before. In my case was the PCI Bluetooth/Wifi card.
Interesting. How did you narrow it down to that in the end? I've been using {pmset -g log} to have a poke around and see if anything stands out, but it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

Interesting. How did you narrow it down to that in the end? I've been using {pmset -g log} to have a poke around and see if anything stands out, but it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

I tested by disconnecting the PCI card and sleeps returned to normal, then I reconnect it and it was broke again. The thing I don't remember exactly is if just by disconnecting internal usb port that connects to the Bluetooth module was enough to fix the problem. I ended buying a new card and I did't have this problem again.

I tested by disconnecting the PCI card and sleeps returned to normal, then I reconnect it and it was broke again. The thing I don't remember exactly is if just by disconnecting internal usb port that connects to the Bluetooth module was enough to fix the problem. I ended buying a new card and I did't have this problem again.
Yeah, I pulled the USB cable out of the motherboard and the computer was able to sleep. It's strange because I'm sure I'd mapped that port as 'internal', but I guess I'm doing it wrong!

@Stork I'm having an issue with my Maximus X Hero build, specifically in the BIOS. Under the latest BIOS 1704, I no longer have the ability to select a "Primary Display" under system agent configuration. Are you running BIOS 1704 on your build? And if you are, could you tell me if you are able to still select a primary display? I've attached a few screenshots from my BIOS where the "Primary Display" option used to be, but is no longer present. I'm trying to figure out if this is specific to my build with the 9900K. It's a real problem because I once I enable the internal graphics, I cannot select PEG as the primary like I have in the past, and the BIOS seems to default to the IGFX as primary once internal graphics are enabled. So I can't see POST, get into the BIOS, etc.

I have the Sapphire Nitro+ Limited Edition with RX 580, currently running 10.14.2, but the graphics are quite laggy. What do I need to check? The GPU is recognized by the OS. Thank you for all the help you give:)

I have the Sapphire Nitro+ Limited Edition with RX 580, currently running 10.14.2, but the graphics are quite laggy. What do I need to check? The GPU is recognized by the OS. Thank you for all the help you give:)
Are you using Luli and WhatEverGreen kexts? If so, then I'm at a loss for a solution.

Hello, @Stork and everyone reading. I have an issue with my wifi. It doesn't connect to any of my two routers. When I put the wifi password try to connect and then give me the “this wifi need a WPA2 password” message again.

This starting to happen when I change my graphics card from a Nvidia to my new Radeon 580. That was in High Sierra. As I want it to update to Mojave I wait before trying to fix it and I got my internet by sharing with my android phone. Them I did a fresh install to Mojave 10.14.2 with MultiBeast 11.0.1. My surprise was that the problem is still there. I even bought a new wifi card. The same Fenvi card that stork use.

I have to say that when I installed Mojave I follow all the steps in the guide except for what it says in post 448 because I think this was fixed in MultiBeast 11. I’m correct? Another thing I had to do differently was enabling the iGPU Multi-Monitor option on the Bios to be able to open images with Quick look and Preview.

Things I tried to do so far:

-Fresh install of the OS
-Delete the wifi files of /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
-Factory reset and change passwords of both my routers
-Buy a new card (Fenvi FV-T919)
-Change the PCI port and the internal USB port

Apart from this, the system is working very good. If anyone has an idea of what could be the problem I appreciate the help. I give you some screenshots of my system.

View media item 191453View media item 191454View media item 191455View media item 191456

Last edited:
Back