Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I just noticed that, too, after you pointed it out. Mine is showing 5 ports. <fingers-crossed> I think you'll be good to go. </fingers-crossed> I've used DVI and DP for two monitors with no problems.

Okay, thanks!

@Stork I'm not quite sure what that config.plist edit does, but now dark mode is working better than ever before. I'm noticing different shades of grey depending on what window/browser tab is active... that wasn't happening even when I first installed this card. This is awesome. Thank you so much!

Thanks so much for taking the time.
It is already helpful to know that my config file is OK.
I will check my kext files again.

Again, thank you so so much for taking the time.

Hi, I thought I'd post my solution to my own post from a few weeks ago. (quoted up here)
I've let some time pass to make 100% sure everything is fine.
My Hackintosh does not freeze anymore, best computer I ever had and super stable.
I did 2 things :
1. moved my GPU from slot 1 to slot 2 (cools better that way)
2. removed microsoft office

That did it. I don't know which of these solutions did the trick.
I hope this can help others in the future.

Stork ruling out my config file was a great help, so thanks again.

Bye.

I am using the ROG MAXIMIUS HERO X with an i7 and the on-board graphics. Since I tried to migrate to Mojave, I am running into issue with the display. Most is fine but some apps like Slack or some web pages are flickering on High Sierra, and on Mojave it is even worse. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cannot use the display at all. For Mojave I went through all System Definitions from iMac 14.1 to 18.3 but to no avail.

Does anyone have used the on-board graphics through DisplayPort and which configuration did work for you? (I am interested in both High Sierra and Mojave.)

Thanks - Andy

Hello Stork
I have a problem
in about this mac in the SATA / SATA Express section I see generic AHCI Controller I need some kext or is for another reason
Or would you be so kind to tell me for the motherboar Asus maximus x hero wifi ac that Kext are the ones you need?
in these moments I have
lilu, appleALC, fakePCIID_Broadcom, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, NoVPAJpeg, USBInjecAll, Whatervergreen and XHCI-200-Series-Injector

I need some to put on my hardware?
or remove any of the ones I have?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-12-12 a las 19.46.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-12-12 a las 19.46.03.png
    159 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hello Stork
I have a problem
in about this mac in the SATA / SATA Express section I see generic AHCI Controller I need some kext or is for another reason
Or would you be so kind to tell me for the motherboar Asus maximus x hero wifi ac that Kext are the ones you need?
in these moments I have
lilu, appleALC, fakePCIID_Broadcom, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, NoVPAJpeg, USBInjecAll, Whatervergreen and XHCI-200-Series-Injector

I need some to put on my hardware?
or remove any of the ones I have?
AHCI is appropriate for SATA drives in macOS.

AHCI is appropriate for SATA drives in macOS.
So is it working correctly, right?
and all the kext that I mentioned in the previous post are correct

So is it working correctly, right?
Of course! :rolleyes:

...and all the kext that I mentioned in the previous post are correct
If that what Post #1's MultiBeast configuration shows, then, yes, they should be correct. You did use MultiBeast, right?

Is anyone here having problem with sleep/have sleep work 100%? I have this build almost exactly, but every time I put the computer to sleep, it wakes itself up about 20 seconds later. The fans spin down, it gets to sleep and then *click* it wakes itself up again!

Is the USB-C on the maximus x hero Thunderbolt capable? I just got an adapter for a Thunderbolt audio interface, but I can't seem to get it working. I looked around but I can't seem to find any info on it. Are there any other work arounds? Thanks!

Back