Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Yes, that's what macOS uses when it can't find an AMD card's ID in it's macOS list. Since Apple only chose to list the early Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB cards (Sapphire updated the RX 580's ID# in the VBIOS), I had to use the config.plist FrameBuffer patch to make macOS think it was the RX 580 in its ID list, as shown in Post #1 and Post #342.

Stork,

Thank you soooo much! I did that and restarted my computer. Now, it says "ATY,Orinoco" in DCPIManager like yours! :) <3

-Kyle

It’s going to sleep, and restart’s again, doesn't stay in sleep mode
I had the same problem, twice.

First time, it turned out to be the internal USB going from my water cooler to the motherboard. If you have one, remove it, it won't be useful anyway unless you plan to run windows on the same machine and control the pump configuration from dedicated software

Second time, it was my internal BT. If you have one connected to the internal USB header, make sure the port is configured as internal ("UsbConnector", 255 in your SSDT).

If any of these fails or doesn't apply, run log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason" and report; someone will likely be able to help you

Last edited:
Hi Stork.
Sorry to bother you with this, but I have been searching a solution for a month now, without success...
I have built your MyHero II, with one difference, my processor is a I7 8086K.
I have random freezes, where the screen freezes but not the mouse.
I know this is a common problem, I have followed all the links, and found a lot of advice on the forums, but nothing worked.
I thought I had it when I did a clean install, but it lasted 2 days and started freezing again.

Would you take a look at my attached file ?

Thanks so much.

I don't want to create false news, but I also had random crashes using FCPX with a Sapphire Pulse 580 8GB, and also some sporadic random freeze during general use, with no kernel panic and no error in console.

I decided to try not using Orinoco frame buffer, and let the system pickup it automatically, defaulting to RadeonFrameBuffer. I also upgraded Clover to 4722 and set Inject-ATi = False at the same time. So I don't know which one really fixed it.

Since I've done these changes, I'm running stable with no crashes at all in 3 weeks. May be worth a try in lack of a better option..

Last edited:
@Stork When I want my hackintosh to wake up, it sometimes takes more than two minutes, especialy when it's the next day (don't use it at night ;) . A cold boot takes about one minute.
My iMac wakes up in a a second.
Is this normal with hackintosh?

@Stork When I want my hackintosh to wake up, it sometimes takes more than two minutes, especialy when it's the next day (don't use it at night ;) . A cold boot takes about one minute.
My iMac wakes up in a a second.
Is this normal with hackintosh?
No. MyHero II wakes up within 20 seconds (I'm guessing here.) When I wake it up, I usually have a few sips of coffee. Then it's ready.

No. MyHero II wakes up within 20 seconds (I'm guessing here.) When I wake it up, I usually have a few sips of coffee. Then it's ready.
What can I tweak more/ leave out / add?
Please have a look at the config file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 121
I am having a ton of issues with this build. I have a i7-8700K, ASUS MAXIMUS X Z370, G.Skill 32GB 3200mhz RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 drive and a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP graphics card.

I managed to get High Sierra to install once, but could never get it to boot or mount the EFI partition. Now it won't even install, fails around 11 mins remaining. So frustrated....

Nothing jumps out at me in your config.plist. Maybe @pastrychef can see something.

What system are your installing - High Sierra or Mojave? Did you use UniBeast to create your installation USB thumb drive?

Did you follow my procedures for BIOS settings, MultiBeast configuration and post MultiBeast procedures?

I am having a ton of issues with this build. I have a i7-8700K, ASUS MAXIMUS X Z370, G.Skill 32GB 3200mhz RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 drive and a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP graphics card.

I managed to get High Sierra to install once, but could never get it to boot or mount the EFI partition. Now it won't even install, fails around 11 mins remaining. So frustrated....
Did you use my procedures in the first post? (I ask because you didn't describe your steps to the installation.)

• In the ACPI section, I would add some renames.
    • HDAS to HDEF
    • SAT0 to SATA
    • HECI to IMEI
    • GFX0 to IGPU
    • PEGP to GFX0
  • In the ACPI section, I would enable PluginType.
  • Not sure if your motherboard needs FixShutdown, but my Asus motherboard does,
  • In the Boot section, I would enable keepsyms=1 and disable Debug.
  • Unless you are using SSDT for USB, you will probably need a USB 15 port limit patch.

Back