Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@pastrychef I updated to OSX 10.14.1 and removed my VegaTab_56.kext from /L/E and the fans seem to run quietly now. Have you tried this?

No, I have not tried running without VGTab yet.

@pastrychef Sorry I should have clarified. My signature is a previous build.

I am following this build except for the graphics card (Asus Rog Maximus X Hero, i7-8700k)

I am looking to use IGPU if at all possible. I will mostly be using it for music production and only need basic functioning graphics.

Thanks!

@pastrychef Sorry I should have clarified. My signature is a previous build.

I am following this build except for the graphics card (Asus Rog Maximus X Hero, i7-8700k)

I am looking to use IGPU if at all possible. I will mostly be using it for music production and only need basic functioning graphics.

Thanks!

If you are using IGPU only, you should use iMac18,1 system definition. Using iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 will result in graphical glitches.

Leave everything in config.plist > Graphics blank.

Set config.plist > Devices > Properties as follows:
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.47.58 PM.png

@Stork @pastrychef are you guys anticipating any issues on an asus z370 system with the 9900k and the Sapphire Vega 64? Mainly thinking about native power management on the CPU side and the usual Vega 64 quirks (which I think should be addressable with a powerplay table but I thought I'd ask anyway).
Thanks a lot!

@Stork @pastrychef are you guys anticipating any issues on an asus z370 system with the 9900k and the Sapphire Vega 64? Mainly thinking about native power management on the CPU side and the usual Vega 64 quirks (which I think should be addressable with a powerplay table but I thought I'd ask anyway).
Thanks a lot!

Nope. I don't anticipate any problems other than the inherent heat and power draw characteristics of the i9-9900K. If you have good cooling, you should be fine.

Add the FBName = Orinoco and Inject > ATI=true & Intel=True to config.plist which you can do with Clover Configurator or Xcode or PlistEditor Pro (which I use):

So, when I did that with my Sapphire Pulse RX 580, it didn't say "Orinoco". :( Do I still put "Orinoco" in for the Framebuffer, OR do I put what mine said?

-Kyle

So, when I did that with my Sapphire Pulse RX 580, it didn't say "Orinoco". :( Do I still put "Orinoco" in for the Framebuffer, OR do I put what mine said?

-Kyle
What is the frame buffer in DCPIManager?

Sorry, I was at work and couldn't look. However, it says: "ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer".
Yes, that's what macOS uses when it can't find an AMD card's ID in it's macOS list. Since Apple only chose to list the early Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB cards (Sapphire updated the RX 580's ID# in the VBIOS), I had to use the config.plist FrameBuffer patch to make macOS think it was the RX 580 in its ID list, as shown in Post #1 and Post #342.

Back