Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Nothing comes to my mind either. See Post #295 to see if you have the correct USB patch for config.plist.

Also, take a look at your UniBeast Installer USB drive, especially, the /Library/Extension/ folder and the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file. See if there is anything that missing on your installation drive as compared to the USB Installation drive.

So I've tried all of the above, and then for good measure wiped the install drive and re-installed; still no luck.

Some updates and additional information: I discovered that the ports will work if you put in a USB2 device, like a keyboard; also, plugging devices through an extension that only has USB2 pins will allow things to function, just at slow speeds. USB3 devices don't show up at all in system profiler. The thing where it worked from the USB boot only seems to work the first time the OS is booted, and after that it doesn't work any more.

It's not the end of the world, but it would be really nice to get it working. Should I try different system definitions? I'm really at a loss.

...Should I try different system definitions? I'm really at a loss.
What SysDef are you using now?

Are you using the latest USB port limit patch by @PMHeart and RehabMan's latest USBInjectall.kext?

What SysDef are you using now?

Are you using the latest USB port limit patch by @PMHeart and RehabMan's latest USBInjectall.kext?

Sysdef is iMac14,2; I'm running the 07-16 USBInjectAll.

Edit to add: and yep, I edited the patch and checked it a bunch of times. This is what I have:

HTML:
<key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                                </data>
                                <key>MatchOS</key>
                                <string>10.13.x</string>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                                </data>

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The problem was with my port limit patch. OK, so: in your code block that I copy pasted (from page 1 of the thread), you have the find as "g32UDw+DpwQAAA==", but in the image to check correctness, you have "g32IDw+DpwQAAA==". I had the code block, and that was what was causing my issue. Might be nice to fix it for the copy-pasta-happy of us. Thanks for all your help!

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The problem was with my port limit patch. OK, so: in your code block that I copy pasted (from page 1 of the thread), you have the find as "g32UDw+DpwQAAA==", but in the image to check correctness, you have "g32IDw+DpwQAAA==". I had the code block, and that was what was causing my issue. Might be nice to fix it for the copy-pasta-happy of us. Thanks for all your help!
I have corrected both Post #1 and #295. Dunno how that happened, but, thanks, @photomattmills for catching the error.

Updated Post#1's MultiBeast installation procedures to reflect MultiBeast 10.4.0 which also works for the Mojave Public Betas.

Thanks to @Stork for this thread. Everything worked perfectly (even with a GTX1060). Can I buy you a virtual coffee?

I have bought this motherboard, because my old GigaByte after more than 6 years stopped. I was running Yosemite on one of the SSD without any problem. Updating was a problem.
So I tried this motherboard. Updated the BIOS without a problem
I downloaded High Sierra Installer (13.6.02) and Unibeast and created a Installation Disk on a MacBook Pro
Followed Stork's setting BIOS setting.

Starting from the USB is not a problem. But when selecting boot from "Boot Max OS X from Install MacOS High Sierra, the computer stops at the Apple logo, after that nothing happens.
Recreated the disk with Unibeast, even with an older installer I had previously downloaded (13.4.09). Did not work.
Deleted the IA.. file, no difference.
A lot of errors on the verbose logging, anybody can tell me what the problem is?

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 192
Back