Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

The Z370 Hero x + i7 8700K + Geforce 1080 shouldn't make any problems right ?

My old hackintosh gave up, so i ordered a new setup (without GraCa) to set up a new one with my current 1080 (which worked fine with my last build).

Any hints regarding your walkthrough in terms of a different GraCa in advance are very appreciated (besides the two points you already mention for "Nvidia drivers"). Hope i'll get everything right while following your instructions!

Thanks for your time and effort here! Greatly appreciated!

Guess you'll have to hear from me again as soon as i received my parts. :thumbup:
You shouldn't have any problems with the GTX 1080 other than the usual PITA with drivers update.

Seems like you tried other audio fixes. You can't use multiple fixes all at once. Since you have Lilu and AppleALC installed, delete the following KestsToPatch.
View attachment 345018
Thanks for looking through. I took them out, but the sound issue persists.

Thanks for looking through. I took them out, but the sound issue persists.

Try setting Audio ID to 2.
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.18.46 PM.png

Okay. I've got it set to 2, but no change yet.

Seemingly unrelated, but I noticed under USB, I have "FixOwnership" checked on that screen. Should I uncheck?

That should have no impact on audio.

I don't know why you lose audio after wake. All your setting should be correct now.

I can live with it. Just glad to have gotten audio working at all. Thanks again for the help, @pastrychef. And another big thanks to @Stork for the guide.

I've finally fixed my problem of retaining audio after wake-up from sleep - I'm using AppleALC and Lilu. (MultiBeast v11.2.0+ for Mojave uses AppleALC and Lilu exclusively replacing the Realtek ALCxxxx audio kexts. Be sure to read the Features document which comes with the zip file or on MultiBeast.com.)

There's two ways to modify an existing installation:
:ch: You'll need to replace the MultiBeast modified AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ folder. The easiest method is to run the latest High Sierra Combo Update (in this case 10.13.6). (Thanks, @pastrychef!)
:ch: You'll need to replace the MultiBeast modified AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ folder with the unmodified Apple HDA in the installer. I used Pacifist to open up the Installer app to file AppleHDA. (Pacifist has a trial version; I recommend it's purchase for use on your hackintosh(es).)​
:ch: Run Pacifist and extract the AppleHDA to your Desktop. (Make sure it's the only kext on your Desktop.) AppleHDA will be in the .../Extensions/ folder shown below:​
:ch:Right click on the AppleHDA, choose "Extract to Custom Location" and choose your Desktop.​
:ch:Close Pacifist.​
:ch:Go to your installation disk's /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and move AppleHDA to the Trash.​
:ch:With the Installation app extracted AppleHDA the only kext on your Desktop, run KextBeast choosing the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.​
:ch:Move the AppleALC kext on your Desktop to a safe place to archive it or you can delete it.​

Now, after the AppleHDA.kext has been replaced by the Easy Way or Adventuresome Method, do the following:

:ch: Download AppleALC and Lilu, extract the kexts from the zip files and put them on the Desktop. Again, only have these two kexts on your Desktop.​
:ch: Run KextBeast choosing the /Library/Extensions/ folder.​

:ch: Now we have to modify the .../EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to remove all the old audio patches. So, using the Terminal command "diskutil list", find your EFI partition for installation drive and mount the EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3.​
:ch: Backup up your current config.plist. Now open config.plist in Xcode or PlistEditorPro (my preference).​
:ch: Make sure Audio Device ID = 1.​
Code:
...[/INDENT]
[INDENT]<key>Devices</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]    <dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]        <key>Audio</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]        <dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            <key>Inject</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            <string>1</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]        </dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]...

:ch: Remove the audio patches in the KextsToPatch area. You should only have the "External Icons Patch" and the "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst" patch:​
Code:
<array>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            <dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Comment</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <string>External icons patch</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Find</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <data>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                RXh0ZXJuYWw=[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                </data>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Name</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Replace</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                SW50ZXJuYWw=[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            </dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            <dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Comment</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Disabled</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <false/>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Find</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <false/>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>MatchOS</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <string>10.13.x</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Name</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                <key>Replace</key>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==[/INDENT]
[INDENT]            </dict>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]        </array>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]
Note: A simpler way is just to change the Find data item:​
:ch: If you use a text edit, do the following:​
Find > g32IDw+DpwQAAA== to g32ID5CQkJCQkA==​

:ch: If you use a plist editor or Clover Configurator, do the following:​
Find > 837D880F 0F83A704 0000 to 837D880F 90909090 9090​

:ch: Now Reboot.​

Upon reaching the Desktop, you should have audio which will survive wake-up from sleep. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 11.46.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 11.46.44 AM.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 2,014
Last edited:
I've finally fixed my problem of retaining audio after wake-up from sleep - I'm using AppleALC and Luli. (MultiBeast v10.4.0 is due out soon with the option of using AppleALC and Luli. Be sure to read the Features document which comes with the zip file or on MultiBeast.com.)

Here's the way I did it to modify my existing installation:
:ch: You'll need to replace the MultiBeast modified AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ folder with the unmodified AppleHDA in the High Sierra Installer app. I used Pacifist to open up the Installer app to file AppleHDA. (Pacifist has a trial version; I recommend it's purchase for use on your hackintosh(es).)
:ch: Run Pacifist, open the Installer app and extract the AppleHDA to your Desktop. (Make sure it's the only kext on your Desktop.) AppleHDA will be in the .../Extensions/ folder shown below:

:ch: Right click on the AppleHDA, choose "Extract to Custom Location" and choose your Desktop.
:ch: Close Pacifist.​
:ch: Go to your installation disk's /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and move AppleHDA to the Trash.
:ch: With the Installation app extracted AppleHDA the only kext on your Desktop, run KextBeast choosing the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.
:ch: Move the AppleALC kext on your Desktop to a safe place to archive it or you can delete it.

:ch: Download AppleALC and Luli, extract the kexts from the zip files and put them on the Desktop. Again, only have these two kexts on your Desktop.
:ch: Run KextBeast choosing the /Library/Extensions/ folder.

:ch: Now we have to modify the .../EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to remove all the old audio patches. So, using the Terminal command "diskutil list", find your EFI partition for installation drive and mount the EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3.
:ch: Backup up your current config.plist. Now open config.plist in Xcode or PlistEditorPro (my preference).
:ch: Make sure Audio Device ID = 1.
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
:ch: Remove the audio patches in the KextsToPatch area. You should only have the "External Icons Patch" and the "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst" patch:
Code:
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>External icons patch</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RXh0ZXJuYWw=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                SW50ZXJuYWw=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
:ch: Now Reboot.​

Upon reaching the Desktop, you should have audio which will survive wake-up from sleep. :thumbup:

Running the macOS Combo Update should also restore a clean copy of AppleHDA.

Back