Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Having issues with USB with basically an identical build (see sig)... I've applied the 10.13.6 patches in my config.plist, and I have USBInjectAll in my /Library/Extensions folder. USB 3 is non-functional. It worked when booting from the UniBeast-created USB, but not since using MultiBeast to add the boot loader to the internal drive, and following the other steps. This was a fresh install, not an upgrade. I don't really know what to try from here.

Having issues with USB with basically an identical build (see sig)... I've applied the 10.13.6 patches in my config.plist, and I have USBInjectAll in my /Library/Extensions folder. USB 3 is non-functional. It worked when booting from the UniBeast-created USB, but not since using MultiBeast to add the boot loader to the internal drive, and following the other steps. This was a fresh install, not an upgrade. I don't really know what to try from here.
Nothing comes to my mind either. See Post #295 to see if you have the correct USB patch for config.plist.

Also, take a look at your UniBeast Installer USB drive, especially, the /Library/Extension/ folder and the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file. See if there is anything that missing on your installation drive as compared to the USB Installation drive.

The Z370 Hero x + i7 8700K + Geforce 1080 shouldn't make any problems right ?

My old hackintosh gave up, so i ordered a new setup (without GraCa) to set up a new one with my current 1080 (which worked fine with my last build).

Any hints regarding your walkthrough in terms of a different GraCa in advance are very appreciated (besides the two points you already mention for "Nvidia drivers"). Hope i'll get everything right while following your instructions!

Thanks for your time and effort here! Greatly appreciated!

Guess you'll have to hear from me again as soon as i received my parts. :thumbup:

If you want to use AppleALC, yes, just put the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

The 15 port limit patches for 10.13.5 and 10.13.6 are different. Do a search, the patch should be easy to find.
Thank you, @pastrychef! I've got working 3.0 ports, and sound working as well. Although I am having the same issue as @pjmartin82 and @macleod92, where the sound stops working after sleep. Anyone make progress on that?

Anyway, many thanks for getting me this far.

Thank you, @pastrychef! I've got working 3.0 ports, and sound working as well. Although I am having the same issue as @pjmartin82 and @macleod92, where the sound stops working after sleep. Anyone make progress on that?

Anyway, many thanks for getting me this far.

Please post your EFI folder so I may have a look.

Seems like you tried other audio fixes. You can't use multiple fixes all at once. Since you have Lilu and AppleALC installed, delete the following KestsToPatch.
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 5.31.01 PM.png

Back