i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all max X Hero users,

Has anyone noticed (and eventually already installed) the latest BIOS 1901?
I'm just curious to know if they reenabled the options to enable iGPU MultiMonitor and PEG for POST (in reference to post #5170 of this thread).
I'm just too busy (and scared...) to try myself.
Cheers!
Hey, I'm using 1901 from day one. iGPU MultiMonitor is an option in BIOS. What would you like to know?

Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey, I'm using 1901 from day one. iGPU MultiMonitor is an option in BIOS. What would you like to know?
Could you check if there is an option like
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG?
Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 MAXIMUS HERO X
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello @Stork,
I'm successfully using my ROG MAXIMUS X HERO with macOS 10.14.3 thanks to your guide!
In addition to what you wrote I created my config.plist starting from a Cofee Lake template template done by another guy on a different forum (that I dunno if can be mentioned here). I also created 2 DSDT for both USB energy fix and limit.

Additionally I updated Lilu, whatevergreen and other kext with KextBeast and system is running fine.
Not having a Saphire Pulse GPU (but a MSI) I didn't make the change framebuffer to Orinico - yet.

Now I'm trying to plan my update macOS to 10.14.5 (or later).

Do you plan to create an update post to suggest how to proceed with those upgrade? I read for example that USB port limit is not required anymore..

Thank you again for the great guide and for the support that you might give me :)

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@blackdir, I updated using my instructions in Post #2 of the macOS 10.14.5 Update thread in the OS X Updates forum section. See

I'll update the OP shortly. Thanks for the reminder.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@stork6220 My hackintosh had been abruptly shutting down without any warning since I moved to RX 580 from NVidia. I switched the power supply out to a new one and same thing with the UPS I have connected.

My next doubt was that the new GPU is running hot, and I wanted the temp info. I ended up installing HWSensors. I was still not seeing my GPU temps in HWMonitor, and I had lost the audio. My HDMI audio works fine but my onboard (internal) stopped showing up.

I did the dumbest thing ever since I didn't know how to remove HWSensors. I deleted all FakeSMC files from .../Clover/kext/other/ and /S/L/E/. Now the system won't boot!

I created a UniBeast USB so I can boot the system from the Clover on it. Is that the right thing to do? I can't get the USB Clover to show up even on selecting it as a boot device. It always shows my system Clover. I created UEFI mode UniBeast. Should I switch it to legacy?

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was able to solve the issue. Posting here in case someone stumbles on this thread.

Make sure the UniBeast USB is UEFI. Have UEFI mode enabled in BIOS. Make sure to select GUID when formatting the drive. Not the default MBR.

This allowed me to boot from UniBeast. I selected to boot from Mojave System from that screen. Once into the system, ran MultiBeast and installed FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor. While I was at it, I installed AppleALC as well. Once done, remove the USB drive, reboot into Mojave and voila!

Audio works. All sensors work and the system is back to normal (almost).

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Chimiel, Great! I was going to create an USB SSDT using @UtterDisbelief's guide, but hadn't "gotten 'round to it". I'll try your USB SSDT out, and update the OP with credit to you.
Hi Stork,

I'm sorry, the .dsl file I attached last week had a typo, the new .dsl file should work / should make a good template.

Kind regards,

Chimiel

Attachments

Last edited: