Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Am I right to assume that these ports do not fall under the 15 USB port limit? That is what I think to observe on my rig. They are not under XHC in ioReg but under PXSX > PRT1 or PRT2.
Correct. Since the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller, it has nothing to do with the 15 port limit.

Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Correct. Since the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller, it has nothing to do with the 15 port limit.
Thanks for the clarification. It was causing me sort of a headache until I decided not to care :cool:

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! I just ran a Cinebench on my OSX 10.14.3 system and Vega 56. I got 88.59FPS.
I checked my old benchmark on 10.13.5, and there I got 146.90FPS. Any ideas what could be the difference?

Now, I'm running the graphics card OOB. So I did not add any kext for it.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! I just ran a Cinebench on my OSX 10.14.3 system and Vega 56. I got 88.59FPS.
I checked my old benchmark on 10.13.5, and there I got 146.90FPS. Any ideas what could be the difference?

No idea why you have that much of a difference in your CineBench scores. @pastrychef might be able to help.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

Cinebench is a very bad benchmark for GPUs. With a powerful video card, your benchmark results will almost certainly be bottlenecked by CPU.

I just ran Cinebench on my Vega 56 and macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and got 177.15fps.

Therefore, in your situation, the first place I would check would be to see if the CPU is running optimally.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX VEGA 56
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now i got 139.97fps. I had a "hommade" fusiondrive with 2Xraid0 4TB disk and 500GB ssd that i used. I removed those 3 disks and all is working great again! :)

Thanks for help fast answers! you guys rock!

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now i got 139.97fps. I had a "hommade" fusiondrive with 2Xraid0 4TB disk and 500GB ssd that i used. I removed those 3 disks and all is working great again! :)

Thanks for help fast answers! you guys rock!
Same MB and CPU - my RX580 gives 148.17fps.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX VEGA 56
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone tried to activate both iGPU and dGPU on this setup? I have final cut pro x crashing every time I use it and in this thread someone says that FCPX uses both GPU's so i suspect it needs the iGPU for some rendering because i get the spinning ball after few minutes of usage. I activated iGPU in BIOS. It runs fine but I notice the boot time is much longer than before.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone tried to activate both iGPU and dGPU on this setup? I have final cut pro x crashing every time I use it and in this thread someone says that FCPX uses both GPU's so i suspect it needs the iGPU for some rendering because i get the spinning ball after few minutes of usage. I activated iGPU in BIOS. It runs fine but I notice the boot time is much longer than before.
Yeah I have both running together. Just used the BIOS settings from @pastrychef from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/pastrychefs-asus-rog-strix-z370-g-gaming-wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/ then removed all DSDT patches and anything to do with graphics injection / frame buffers as recommended on the whatevergreen GitHub. Whatevergreen seems to just do its thing and correctly inject my iGPU as headless with no display, but allowing for full hardware acceleration, with no sleep issues or anything. I checked acceleration using the free trial https://www.macxdvd.com/?ttsoft=vpmac-3.2-about-unreg

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX VEGA 56
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah I have both running together. Just used the BIOS settings from @pastrychef from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/pastrychefs-asus-rog-strix-z370-g-gaming-wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/ then removed all DSDT patches and anything to do with graphics injection / frame buffers as recommended on the whatevergreen GitHub. Whatevergreen seems to just do its thing and correctly inject my iGPU as headless with no display, but allowing for full hardware acceleration, with no sleep issues or anything. I checked acceleration using the free trial https://www.macxdvd.com/?ttsoft=vpmac-3.2-about-unreg
Im trying to load the whatevergreen Kext but it does not seem to load. Also the Hackintool does not recognice the PlatformID. What System definition are you running? There is something wrong in my setup. I changed to 19,1 to be able to export videos from FCPX.

Attachments