Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @Stork Here is the SSDT I created for the Hero X last year to keep USB at the 15 Port limit. I wanted all my case ports to work, and also needed one internally to connect my Broadcom card for Bluetooth, so sacrificed the 2 non USB3 ports on the rear panel. I included pictures so you can see which are working and are not with my files. Also I have USB charging for iDevices enabled which is what the extra EC file is for so you will want to remove it from DSDT patches. All USB3 ports are mapped to work for both USB2 and 3 so therefore take up 2 each of the 15 port limit. Luckily the Type C ports on the rear are on a different controller so don't matter.

I have included the aml files ready to drop into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and also the dsl files for people to tweak for their setups. Don't anyone ask me for any help though to suit your own port wishes. It took me long enough to work out carefully following the guides and I am glad I did it for myself, so I am sure anyone can create their own if they put in the time and effort.
Thank you for the contribution of your SSDT USB port limit. Looks like you've "hit the nail on the head" with your choosing the ports to include/exclude. And, yes, it does take time to do the research and create the SSDT. Thus, I appreciate your contribution.:clap:

Heads up to @pastrychef.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for the contribution of your SSDT USB port limit. Looks like you've "hit the nail on the head" with your choosing the ports to include/exclude. And, yes, it does take time to do the research and create the SSDT. Thus, I appreciate your contribution.:clap:

Heads up to @pastrychef.
Thanks for all the help from yourself and others on this thread that has helped me achieve such a stable system with absolutely everything working perfectly. Glad to be able to help out in a small way.

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi ac
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You should be able to answer a conversation I sent you. However, you can post your response here as it's subject is appropriate for this thread.

Did you create a workable SSDT for USB ports? If so, please post so you can share.
Hello
I finally had a moment to pass the SSDT of my Motherboard
in the frame images the ports that are working
In addition, the USB port for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth card is working
I leave everything here in case it serves for someone
To me, works perfectly

Attachments

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@jarvise, thank you for sharing. Did you need to add anything to your config.plist. (I know you removed your port limit patch.)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@jarvise, thank you for sharing. Did you need to add anything to your config.plist. (I know you removed your port limit patch.)
I also leave my config.plist
if it is useful for anyone and also if I have something wrong in my config.plist
to me at the moment everything works perfectly

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello
I finally had a moment to pass the SSDT of my Motherboard
in the frame images the ports that are working
In addition, the USB port for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth card is working
I leave everything here in case it serves for someone
To me, works perfectlyView attachment 388785View attachment 388786
Are you sure the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are not working? They are on a separate controller and should work. They should not be affected by the SSDT.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are you sure the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are not working? They are on a separate controller and should work. They should not be affected by the SSDT.
if the USB 3.1 gen 2 works, that port is not inside the SSDT

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
if the USB 3.1 gen 2 works, that port is not inside the SSDT
Correct. On all the Z370 motherboards I've seen, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on ASMedia controllers. Since it's separate from the Intel chipset controller and macOS has native support for ASMedia USB 3.1 gen 2 chipsets, they should just work.

Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Correct. On all the Z370 motherboards I've seen, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on ASMedia controllers. Since it's separate from the Intel chipset controller and macOS has native support for ASMedia USB 3.1 gen 2 chipsets, they should just work.
Am I right to assume that these ports do not fall under the 15 USB port limit? That is what I think to observe on my rig. They are not under XHC in ioReg but under PXSX > PRT1 or PRT2.