Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Hey @pastrychef any advice you can offer trying to use internal graphics on this Asus Rog Maximus Z370 Hero X? Its a little glitchy currently, and I'm not sure if I have to install a different kext/configuration like "Inject HD 6xx"

Thanks!

Are you trying to use the IGPU in conjunction with your GTX 950 or are you trying to use ONLY the IGPU? Are you using High Sierra or Mojave?

Please post your EFI folder.

Sleep is broken again, what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 139
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    659 bytes · Views: 70
Nothing jumps out at me when I look at your config.plist file. However, I don't use a SSDT-USB, yet, so I can't comment on it. Maybe @pastrychef can take a look. He has much more experience in solving this type of problem.

I can't tell if the SSDT is correct because I don't know how the ports are mapped.

You haven't enabled CPU power management. To do so, enable PluginType:
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.28.13 PM.png

Thank you.
I just did enable PluginType

Same result :(

It’s going to sleep, and restart’s again, doesn't stay in sleep mode

Yes, you can use the VGTab utility to customize the fan speeds and then create a kext that will fix the fans. You can find the VGTab utility attached to post #1 of my Z370 build thread. Link is below in my signature.
@pastrychef I updated to OSX 10.14.1 and removed my VegaTab_56.kext from /L/E and the fans seem to run quietly now. Have you tried this?

Back