Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Looks like the Fenvi FV-T919 is now back in stock at Amazon.com with a good supply of those wifi/BT adapters. This has only 3 antennae as it is not the original BCM94360CD that used to sell on Amazon about a year ago.

It doesn't mention anything about hackintosh compatibility but does say OS X compatibility. Sells for 60 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01687RNFS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Note that this is not the CD version (iMac) with 4 antennas but it should still work natively as it's a Macbook Pro card. The specs are exactly the same for the Wifi and BT versions. This simply saves you the hassle of assembling your own card from parts.

"For Desktop Broadcom BCM94360CSAX 802.11a/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 1300M PCI-E Wifi Card 2.4 & 5GHz

Specifications:
Supports both 2.4 & 5GHz dual-band,the connection speed will reach to 1300Mps under latest AC router
Support Windows7/8/8.1/linux
Native Support for latest OS X Yosemite 10.10
Native Support
Bluetooth 4.0 coexistence
Support Hand off"

Last edited:
I finally got "around to it" and updated 10.13.3 with the Supplemental Update. Upon rebooting, I got a White screen which stayed a White screen (i.e., it hung). Fortunately, upon rebooting, I could still boot into the HS drive.

So, I moved the FakeSMC from /Library/Extensions/ to EFI/...Clover/kexts/Other/ folder. Since "moving" the kext is essentially a copy, after copying, I moved the original FakeSMC from the /L/E/ to the Trash and emptied the Trash. I then rebuilt cache with the following Terminal commands:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Next, I re-reran the Supplement Update installer. Upon reboot, I chose the Something...Preboot to boot from (I can't remember the full name of the Clover partition). Waited about 10 minutes for the update to be applied, and it finally booted into the Desktop.

Hello I have followed these steps, but when I try to load the USB i get "Missing operating system" and never reach Clover. I'm not too sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Hello I have followed these steps, but when I try to load the USB i get "Missing operating system" and never reach Clover. I'm not too sure what to do. Any suggestions?
OK. Let me see if I understand you. You created the USB installer with UniBeast. Upon booting the USB installer you get the above error message. Did you get any error messages while running UniBeast to create the Installer? From where did you download High Sierra? TIA.

OK. Let me see if I understand you. You created the USB installer with UniBeast. Upon booting the USB installer you get the above error message. Did you get any error messages while running UniBeast to create the Installer? From where did you download High Sierra? TIA.

Hey Stork, so that is correct. I did not get any error messages when I used UniBeast to create the installer. I got High Sierra through the app store from a macbook running the same.

Steps I did:
  • Followed the tonymacx86's guide to create Unibeast (no errors)
  • added additional programs to the root of installer drive (Multibeast, EFI Mounter, KextBeast,Clover Configurator, Codec Commander kext)
  • Followed this guide to configure the bios with the correct settings
  • set USB as the first bootdrive and plugged into correct USB
  • boot, get the message "Missing Operating System", cannot do anything from this point.

Hey Stork, so that is correct. I did not get any error messages when I used UniBeast to create the installer. I got High Sierra through the app store from a macbook running the same.

Steps I did:
  • Followed the tonymacx86's guide to create Unibeast (no errors)
  • added additional programs to the root of installer drive (Multibeast, EFI Mounter, KextBeast,Clover Configurator, Codec Commander kext)
  • Followed this guide to configure the bios with the correct settings
  • set USB as the first bootdrive and plugged into correct USB
  • boot, get the message "Missing Operating System", cannot do anything from this point.
Given what you described, I can not explain your results. So, here are two things to try. First, move your USB installation thumb drive to the USB BIOS Flashback port (see Post #1 for Rear Panel picture) and try to install. You may have to try several USB ports if that doesn't work.

Second, recreate your UniBeast created USB installation thumb drive. Somehow, you didn't get the thumb drive created so it can boot. (I don't know why, given your procedures.)

Finally, when all else fails, get another USB thumb drive. Sometimes this works for some reason. I use SanDisk Crusier USB thumb drives.

Given what you described, I can not explain your results. So, here are two things to try. First, move your USB installation thumb drive to the USB BIOS Flashback port (see Post #1 for Rear Panel picture) and try to install. You may have to try several USB ports if that doesn't work.

Second, recreate your UniBeast created USB installation thumb drive. Somehow, you didn't get the thumb drive created so it can boot. (I don't know why, given your procedures.)

Finally, when all else fails, get another USB thumb drive. Sometimes this works for some reason. I use SanDisk Crusier USB thumb drives.

Hey Stork,

I made sure to try on all USB ports including the BIOS flashback port. I am using a SanDisk Cruiser Dial 32GB as the usb.

I tried recreating the boot USB a few times (I would reformat, give it the name USB). Then I would run Unibeast, and it seems to me that it works correctly (no errors). Once done, the USB has been renamed to "Install macOS High Sierra", with the file 'Install macOS High Sierra' and two folders 'EFI' and 'EFI-Backups'

Let me explain my system a bit more in case that helps. I currently have two drives (two Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 960 Pro). One of them already has Windows 10 installed. I am trying to install this on the second blank SSD. I'm using a Asus Nvidia 1080 graphics card.

If there is any other information that you think may help lead to a solution, please let me know! I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Hey Stork,

I made sure to try on all USB ports including the BIOS flashback port. I am using a SanDisk Cruiser Dial 32GB as the usb...
Make sure your USB is partitioned to no greater than 16GB for the USB installer. I think that might be your problem.

Make sure your USB is partitioned to no greater than 16GB for the USB installer. I think that might be your problem.
Hey Stork,

It looks like I'm getting closer. I went ahead and bought a 16GB drive and created the boot USB from that. I am no longer getting the error. However, I am not getting to clover yet. When I boot from the drive, the screen flashes a few times (very quickly, but it seems like there a a prompt/window), however it continues the boot to my Windows 10 machine. I tried holding / clicking many times the space bar as it booted as well (for nvidia graphics card), but that didn't seem to change the outcome (unless I am doing something incorrectly).

Hey Stork,

It looks like I'm getting closer. I went ahead and bought a 16GB drive and created the boot USB from that. I am no longer getting the error. However, I am not getting to clover yet. When I boot from the drive, the screen flashes a few times (very quickly, but it seems like there a a prompt/window), however it continues the boot to my Windows 10 machine. I tried holding / clicking many times the space bar as it booted as well (for nvidia graphics card), but that didn't seem to change the outcome (unless I am doing something incorrectly).
Disconnect your Windows drive and try again. But, first, take a look at the sticky threads by Going Bald in the Multi-Booting forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

Back