Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I've got 10.15.7 working on my Hero X build without any problems (Open Core)

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 15.18.25.png

Yeah! Successful upgraded to Big Sur. Using OC 0.6.1, so far no issues detected. I cloned my Catalina Installation to a Crucial X8 USB-C drive and verified the smooth update on this clone. Now I'll update my internal NVMe. :)

View attachment 490659
Yeah! Successful upgraded to Big Sur. Using OC 0.6.1, so far no issues detected. I cloned my Catalina Installation to a Crucial X8 USB-C drive and verified the smooth update on this clone. Now I'll update my internal NVMe. :)
Hey oklhost I did the same a few weeks ago and have Big Sur up and running but the only thing that doesnt seem to work is my Broadcom DW1560 Bluetooth card. What bluetooth are you using and are all your USB ports working as they should be like 3.0 etc ? Could you share your EFI folder please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 17.35.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 17.35.18.png
    531 KB · Views: 56
Hey oklhost I did the same a few weeks ago and have Big Sur up and running but the only thing that doesnt seem to work is my Broadcom DW1560 Bluetooth card. What bluetooth are you using and are all your USB ports working as they should be like 3.0 etc ? Could you share your EFI folder please?
Hi @law94air,
I use the Fenvi T919 PCIe adaptor, which seems always work like a native AirPort card. My USB ports work same way as they did in Catalina. I don't use a USBPorts.kext like some other, I use an ACPI aml. With this aml, internal ports are enabled! I need one for Fenvi and one to control my Corsair AIO water cooling. So maybe you have to work on your own USB config.

The EFI credits go to @Simon70: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ero-x-i7-8700k-amd-rx-580.245074/post-2171146

But for sure, here is my EFI. :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.4 MB · Views: 129
Hi @law94air,
I use the Fenvi T919 PCIe adaptor, which seems always work like a native AirPort card. My USB ports work same way as they did in Catalina. I don't use a USBPorts.kext like some other, I use an ACPI aml. With this aml, internal ports are enabled! I need one for Fenvi and one to control my Corsair AIO water cooling. So maybe you have to work on your own USB config.

The EFI credits go to @Simon70: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ero-x-i7-8700k-amd-rx-580.245074/post-2171146

But for sure, here is my EFI. :)
ahh great! Thanks for the EFI Ill give it a go

I have updated from Big Sur public beta to 11.0.1 ,, no problems . Running OpenCore 6.3 . Mild OC
Everything seems to be working Ok, except Sidecar ( to be expected on iMacPro1,1 )

Attachments

• About This Mac 2020-11-16 16-03-21.png
    About This Mac 2020-11-16 16-03-21.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4727.png
    IMG_4727.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
Hi Stork, hi everyone.
I am still on 10.15.7, and everything is running super smooth on my MyHeroII.
I have only one problem, and have tried to solve it for a few months now, searching TonyMac and others, and applying some ideas found elsewhere, but I can't find a solution. It's about sound.

So sound works when played on my HDMI screens (but obviously bad quality because of the screens) but on my external USB sound card (Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 v2) it's choppy, cracks, impossible to listen to...

It works a little bit better when shutting down some apps, like WhatsApp, and not having heavy pages opened in a browser. But even with these measures, sound cracks. It is the same when sound is from iTunes or from Safari on YouTube, or any other website. And on iTunes, it is better when sample rate is lower, with higher sample rates it is worse.

To me it sounds like a RAM or USB problem, but with 48GB of RAM, pressure is really really low on the system, and I have a custom SSDT file working so...

Maybe something to tweak in the BIOS ? Any ideas ?

EDIT :
Writing about my SSDT just now made me wonder if the problem might come from there. So I removed it, and it IS much better... So either a USB problem or something is wrong with my SSDT. Any experts around here ?

Last edited:
Back