Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

What kind of Wi-Fi card are you using?

Wi-Fi works now...it just started working after leaving the computer idle for a couple of days.

I have a new problem though. About 20 seconds after booting into the OS...it gets extremely laggy. The computer is buttery smooth for the first 20 seconds...then it lags and there's a several second delay whenever I try to drag something, click something, type something etc. This happened shortly after importing some photos from my iPhone and playing around with some iCloud settings. It's been working fine since I got everything to work earlier this week...

Wi-Fi works now...it just started working after leaving the computer idle for a couple of days.

I have a new problem though. About 20 seconds after booting into the OS...it gets extremely laggy. The computer is buttery smooth for the first 20 seconds...then it lags and there's a several second delay whenever I try to drag something, click something, type something etc. This happened shortly after importing some photos from my iPhone and playing around with some iCloud settings. It's been working fine since I got everything to work earlier this week...

I have no idea what can cause that... Are you sure it's the system that's laggy and not just the mouse? Have you looked in Activity Monitor to see if there are any processes under high load?

I’ve got the most recent graphic card drivers installed...as far as I’m aware. Would there be any updates that could fix this?

Last edited:
I’ve got the most recent graphic card drivers installed...as far as I’m aware. Would there be any updates that could fix this?

I have no idea if graphics is your problem... You need to find the cause of the problem before you can look for a fix...

Hi there,
I followed this guide before, I did not only rename ECO to EC, I also copied the SSDT-USBX.aml attached to the post below, to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. After reboot, IOregistry Explorer and System Information / USB showed attached outputs.
What are your thoughts on this ? Do you reckon this method is sufficient or cause sooner or later the problems you mentioned before ?
Kind regards,

Chimiel
That post is 2 years old now. I also tried that method with the simple rename before correctly making the SSDT-EC-USBX for the Hero X, but doing the rename then loads the AppleACPIEC driver which is what the devs at Acidanthera specifically say is what can cause problems. Seeing as they are the people behind everything that fundamentally makes a modern Hackintosh work like Lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC, FWRuntimeServices, I personally feel happier trying to do things what they consider the 'right way'. Eventually I will switch from Clover to their OpenCore bootloader, probably once it is considered out of beta.

To make your life easy, I have attached my SSDT-EC-USBX with the board specific code generated by SSDTTime, which you can just drop into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder instead of your SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX or remove whatever you have creating a virtual EC device for power delivery. You should only have 1 EC device in IORegistry that loads the AppleBusPowerController.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 13.33.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 13.33.38.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 51
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    349 bytes · Views: 66
That post is 2 years old now. I also tried that method with the simple rename before correctly making the SSDT-EC-USBX for the Hero X, but doing the rename then loads the AppleACPIEC driver which is what the devs at Acidanthera specifically say is what can cause problems. Seeing as they are the people behind everything that fundamentally makes a modern Hackintosh work like Lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC, FWRuntimeServices, I personally feel happier trying to do things what they consider the 'right way'. Eventually I will switch from Clover to their OpenCore bootloader, probably once it is considered out of beta.

To make your life easy, I have attached my SSDT-EC-USBX with the board specific code generated by SSDTTime, which you can just drop into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder instead of your SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX or remove whatever you have creating a virtual EC device for power delivery. You should only have 1 EC device in IORegistry that loads the AppleBusPowerController.
Thank you very much, for clarifying and the patch !
Kind regards,
Chimiel

I have no idea if graphics is your problem... You need to find the cause of the problem before you can look for a fix...

I took my graphics card out...no more lag. Of course, now several of the mac animations aren't smooth anymore. But at least there's no lag...

I took my graphics card out...no more lag. Of course, now several of the mac animations aren't smooth anymore. But at least there's no lag...

If you are running with IGPU only, you should probably change system definition to a Mac that has IGPU only as well. iMac18,1 is a good choice.

Hi,

Are other people also experiencing a laggy shutdown / a return to Catalina wallpaper during shutdown, in our build ?
Seems a strugle compared to Mojave, i'm wondering what's all happening there inside.

Kind regards,

Chimiel

It might be a little bit off-topic... if so, pls forgive me.
I'd like to test opencore on my system (of course based on ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X + ADM RX 580) to see if it is any better than my current working Clover.. is there any guide for our system?
thanks in advance!

Back