Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Hi to everyone,
In your knowledge at today do you know if Silicon Power NVMe drives are affected by the problem in Trim on last version of Monterey (12.3)?

Question, my perfect system for almost 3 years, won’t start. After The first BIOS beep (sounds normal), I hear one long and three short beeps. No BIOS, black screen. Video card error?
I removed my Vega64, connected cables to intern video card of The Asus Hero X, but BIOS won’t start.

Any suggestions?

Question, my perfect system for almost 3 years, won’t start. After The first bios beep (sounds normal) I hear one long and three short beeps. No bios, black screen. Videocard error?
I removed my Vega64, connected cables to intern videocard of The Asus Hero X, but bios won’t start.

Any suggestions?

Try clearing CMOS.

By removing the battery? Ok, I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks for The advice

By removing the battery? Ok, I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks for The advice

There should be a tiny button on the motherboard you can press or two pins you can short to clear CMOS. Make sure to disconnect the power cord from the power supply before you clear CMOS.

Last edited:
Question, my perfect system for almost 3 years, won’t start. After The first BIOS beep (sounds normal), I hear one long and three short beeps. No BIOS, black screen. Video card error?
I removed my Vega64, connected cables to intern video card of The Asus Hero X, but BIOS won’t start.

Any suggestions?

A quick Google search pulled up a list of ASUS beep codes on a site called softwarekeep. They say 1 long + 3 short means a Conventional or Extended memory failure. Maybe try reseating the memory?

There should be a tiny button on the motherboard you can press or two pins you can short to clear CMOS. Make sure to disconnect the power cord from the power supply before you clear CMOS.
I removed battery (could not find the clear cmos button) and Yes, the hackintosh starts.
Now I’ll rebuild the Vega 64 (56) and give it onother try.
Thanks again

A quick Google search pulled up a list of ASUS beep codes on a site called softwarekeep. They say 1 long + 3 short means a Conventional or Extended memory failure. Maybe try reseating the memory?
Thanks for helping out.
After clearing CMOS, I could enter the bios and Hackintosh started normally. Nothing about memory…
I Just have to test the gig for stability.

I 'rebuild' the Vega64, booted into BIOS, and card is detected and Monterey starts up normaly.
:)

Last edited:
Hello! How's everyone doing?
I've had a problem for quite a while and decided to ask here. Maybe someone's been through the same and can provide help...

Every time I restart my macOS (I'm on Big Sur 11.6.4 and OpenCore 0.7.0), it's like rolling the dice. Security & Privacy settings like Accessibility features and Full Disk Access may work as well as not work. Quite often I'm required to restart again because it doesn't even load the apps' list, it's empty. I've also had to remove the TCC.db file to be able to load the apps' list again.

Since I try to shutdown my computer on a regular basis, this is very annoying.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? Is it fixable?

Back