Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

With 128 the same as the first image, please see attached. With 64, keybag error image (also attached)

@Feartech
Also try disabling NVMeFix.kext in Kernel section of config.plist

@CaseySJ I will try that later today, but could all of that have happened just because the video card was damaged?
I'm just trying to understand the suggestions, given everything should be working (apart from the late video card).

I'm extremely saddened by this situation... less than 3 years of very mild usage. I lost a lot of money today already. A new card is $900 and my full day of work...

honestly...

Do you guys think that if I buy the RX570 it would just work again or you think there's something else that might've happened? Thanks
your previous image mentioned graphics framebuffer which is still an issue with DVMt not being set to 64MB

don't forget to reset nvram

Do you guys think that if I buy the RX570 it would just work again or you think there's something else that might've happened? Thanks
I re-read your original post.
  • Because you're trying to use iGPU, which video port on rear IO panel are you using?
    • DisplayPort or HDMI?
    • Do not use HDMI -- it will not work unless frame buffer patches are applied
  • To enable video output from iGPU we need to set AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007. Have you done that?
Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo --> DataHub.
  • Which version of OpenCore are you using?

@Feartech I did set it to 64MB and reset the nvram prior to selecting the OS, but I'll do it again.

@CaseySJ thank you for rechecking that. I was trying it with both ports but never DP alone. I always tried with DP+HDMI or HDMI only. I'm going to try with DP only now. I didn't change my config.plist, I mentioned in one of my previous posts I was working on that. I'm trying to do that as we speak using linux. It's kinda complicated since I had to create the whole environment again.

I'm using OC 0.7
Please find my config.plist attached.

Attachments

• Config.plist
    27.9 KB · Views: 51
It’s showing Intel UHD Graphics 630 31 MB even though I set dtvm to 128 and everything is slow and has some glitches. Is there a way to have macOS understand it has 128mb?

sorry for all these questions, but research is complicated in my current situation. I appreciate your help.

It’s showing Intel UHD Graphics 630 31 MB even though I set dtvm to 128 and everything is slow and has some glitches. Is there a way to have macOS understand it has 128mb?

sorry for all these questions, but research is complicated in my current situation. I appreciate your help.
may help:

@Stork @CaseySJ @Feartech I found a store nearby that has the RX550 in stock. Do you think I'd need to change anything in config.plist for that one to work? I guess my only concern would be the framebuffer since the RX580 is 256bits and the RX550 is 128. I'm heading there in less than 2 hours. If you can, please let me know your thoughts. I'm also researching about it.

Back