Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I planning doing it with Clover because I have no time to learn OpenCore. Clover is ok right?
Clover is fine for Catalina. Once you get to Big Sur it makes more sense to use OpenCore instead. So if you have no time to learn OC then just use Clover and Catalina for the time being.

Clover versions past 5124 have borrowed a lot from OC to make it possible to use with BS and it does add more complexity to configuring those newer Clover versions, as the OP Stork has mentioned here.

I'm reading the Opencore page right now. Maybe I'll try it. Thank you all for the advice!

I'm reading the Opencore page right now. Maybe I'll try it. Thank you all for the advice!
I have three machines using Opencore now, the switch from Clover was worth it. Take your time and read through the Dortania guide.

Thank you Stork. I planning doing it with Clover because I have no time to learn OpenCore. Clover is ok right?

You can try the Clover EFI from my Z370 build (link is below in my signature).

You will have to provide your own USB fix for your motherboard.

I decide to go with OpenCore after reading the guide. I will do it next weekend, first I have check what I did last time with the USB ports. I mapped them but think maybe I didn't do a great job because now I see lot more than 15 ports on Hackintool. As I remember the ASM2142 they stay out of the 15 ports count right? I mean I leave them activated + 15 ports?

Regards

I decide to go with Opencore after reading the guide. I will do it next weekend, first I have check what I did last time with the usb ports. I mapped them but think maybe I didn't do a great job because now I see lot more than 15 ports on hackintool. As I remember the ASM2142 they stay out of the 15 ports count right? I mean I leave them activated + 15 ports?

Regards
I'm correcting myself. My ports are correct the 8 PXSX ports confuse me, but this are the ASM2142 ports. I have 15 XHC ports. So I think I can use my actual USB Kext on my new install.

I'm correcting myself. My ports are correct the 8 PXSX ports confuse me, but this are the ASM2142 ports. I have 15 XHC ports. So I think I can use my actual USB Kext on my new install.
IIRC, we only have to limit the Intel USB chipset to 15 ports. We can ignore mapping the ASM chipset ports.

I used your build on my Asus ROG Maximus X Hero-based build. I need to install macOS on a new (larger) HD. Is there a good guide for making a clean install with open core?

I used your build on my Asus ROG Maximus X Hero-based build. I need to install macOS on a new (larger) HD. Is there a good guide for making a clean install with open core?

Followed it to the letter and EVERYTHING works first time with zero fuss. Just don't forget to move the EFI from the installer USB to the startup disc (I did and caused a little bit of a flap).

I also would suggest using the debug installer.... very useful.

Back