Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Hi,
as I write in previous post EFI is a Frankenstein that mixes your Config.plist, mine Stork's Mojave-to-Catalina old and miliuco's EFI released in his guide on Monterey/guide section and is far to be optimal, but give to me, selecting the drive at boot, the upgrade and the functionality (I'm testing for problems).
At the moment USB seem OK as USB3 and C speed too (I need to ceck USBport.kext with hackintool, but plugging random I got 430MB/s on blue and red ones).
Audio after upgrade ALC kext to 1.6.4 is in testing, at the moment I have found that headphones don't "speak", but internal "speak", and need to go further on checking in and out (output via DP is OK).
Fake Sensor kext aren't good: I think must take the Virtual way...
So here it is at Frankenstein state...hope if you make evolution you'll share, so for all other in this thread and forum.
I'll give you news, but I think I'm not enough updated on the story, so is most probable that you'll give news to me...

:wave:
Thanks for sharing. Really interesting to see some of the config options, as there are a lot of things in there which I thought were totally irrelevant for this board and definitely are not needed for Big Sur.

I have tweaked a few things and swapped over the SMC kexts to use the AcidAnthera versions so would be really interested to know if this boots for you and how stable it is.

There is a load of other stuff you have which I personally don't need like the sleep patching and your have something in your RTVariables to do with Dell which I have left alone but as far as I know can probably be removed.

Attachments

• EFI_Clover_Monterey_Test.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 81
Hi,
thanks for sharing to you too. Tested rapidly for same things I described in previous post and all seems ok. Noticed that you have eliminated kext and driver and nothing apparently changed, the same for SSDTs you changed. You did replace the USBport.kext too, with your?
Now I ask you if that is working on your Big Sur too, and if answer is yes, I ask you to try this new EFI with many changes in config.plist and that is here functional in same way, but with big diet in stuffs.
Functionality seems the same with SIP on 0x0000000 and in 0x3 on 1.1.
In Clover boot section you need to change the drive with your correspondent (you'll find the data in Clover Boot.log section after "generate log" as miliuco suggested in his guide), and load in your data in SMBIOS.
If you do the test, tell me what is bad on your Big Sur configuration.

Attachments

• EFI_VirtualSMC_Monterey_test_mod.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 62
Have you guys looked at Dortanias guides at all? All your fumbling is clearly explained there.

Hi,
thanks for sharing to you too. Tested rapidly for same things I described in previous post and all seems ok. Noticed that you have eliminated kext and driver and nothing apparently changed, the same for SSDTs you changed. You did replace the USBport.kext too, with your?
Now I ask you if that is working on your Big Sur too, and if answer is yes, I ask you to try this new EFI with many changes in config.plist and that is here functional in same way, but with big diet in stuffs.
Functionality seems the same with SIP on 0x0000000 and in 0x3 on 1.1.
In Clover boot section you need to change the drive with your correspondent (you'll find the data in Clover Boot.log section after "generate log" as miliuco suggested in his guide), and load in your data in SMBIOS.
If you do the test, tell me what is bad on your Big Sur configuration.
Hi @Simon70 Sorry it has been a few days. My equipment has all been packed down as I have been moving into a new studio! I didn't change the USB ports kext in that EFI I sent as I personally use an SSDT to inject all my USB and keep below the port limit. I will try and test your EFI for you this weekend, but it means making changes in my BIOS to disable VTD.

Hi,
I'm making other things too in these days... If the changes in BIOS that you must do to try are problematic, don't make even try. I have tried to boot Catalina with that EFI and system started smoothly, but maybe there are some things to repair as the same in Monterey. I think if EFI work in both, can work in Big Sur too, fine tuning apart.
So choice to do with total freedom and without stress (new studio is already enough).

At the next...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I'm making other things too in these days... If the changes in BIOS that you must do to try are problematic, don't make even try. I have tried to boot Catalina with that EFI and system started smoothly, but maybe there are some things to repair as the same in Monterey. I think if EFI work in both, can work in Big Sur too, fine tuning apart.
So choice to do with total freedom and without stress (new studio is already enough).

At the next...
Simon I updated to Big Sur 11.6 from Catalina from App store no problem - I then tried to update to Monteray via app store but on the reboot/restart I choose macintosh hd option from bootloader and after a while of trying to boot i get black screens and goes back to boot page. Have you got Monteray to boot ?

All working - Upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1 - WiFi and Bluetooth working just not Airdrop and Handoff - seems really stable and Geekbench 4 score beats my Catalina and Big Sur install. All USB ports working 2 and 3 etc - OpenCore version 0.7.4 is a must to be able to install - took me all day to figure that out!

After almost three days I have a Monterey fresh installation with Clover 5142. Nothing is mine solution, all reading here. My way pass to Catalina fresh install, then Big Sur (11.6.1) update, and then Monterey 12.0.1 update, but I think that is possible go directly to Monterey too.

Here the synthesis of all my needs (EFI is still the same I use with Catalina):

Cheers.

Back