Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Updated to 11.5.1 without any problems.

EDIT:
Update to 11.5.2 also ran without any problems. Just like it would on official apple's hardware.

Attachments

• 2021-08-19 at 06.38.23@2x.png
    2021-08-19 at [email protected]
    160.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hello !! I've been using this build with Clover since a few years and decided to finally switch to OpenCore / Big Sur.
I did a try with @ed.stein EFI folder on an USB drive and got a proper boot, so decided to use it on my main drive and update to Big Sur.
So far almost everything works perfectly. I'd say even better that with the latest Clover (5138) with which I got some random freezes.
The only problem I have right now is external USB input devices not being recognized (a Wacom Tablet and a USB mic). External USB disks and card readers works fine though.
I don't know if this has to do with devices being USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 and if i should make a custom SSDT.
I was using a custom SSDT-USBX on Clover, but that was a long time ago and honestly I should re-learn how to make one, if that could help.
Do you have any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello !! I've been using this build with Clover since a few years and decided to finally switch to OpenCore / Big Sur.
I did a try with @ed.stein EFI folder on an USB drive and got a proper boot, so decided to use it on my main drive and update to Big Sur.
So far almost everything works perfectly. I'd say even better that with the latest Clover (5138) with which I got some random freezes.
The only problem I have right now is external USB input devices not being recognized (a Wacom Tablet and a USB mic). External USB disks and card readers works fine though.
I don't know if this has to do with devices being USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 and if i should make a custom SSDT.
I was using a custom SSDT-USBX for USBInjectAll on Clover, but that was a long time ago and honestly I should re-learn how to make one, if that could help.
Do you have any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.

@beatnaph the guide @Feartech mentioned should help you. After migrating to OC I had a similar issue that was fixed by that, read the item no 8 (that post might also provide you with extra info):

Thanks both for the reply. I didn't have success with the suggested method, adding USBInjectALL to the existing configuration seem to totally break my USB setup, at the point that it can't detect any device.
@ed.stein your EFI folder already contains a USBPorts.kext, i tried both leaving it active or disabled, with no succes.
Any hints on how to debug this?

I noticed though that removing the Quirk XhciPortLimit (as advised at the end of the Beginner's guide to USB) seems to restore USB2 funcionality, but with an unpleasante side effect: Hackintool is hanging at launch and can't be used anymore. This leads me to think that something is indeed wrong and could lead to more serious problems down the line

Well, i somehow managed to fix it:
I noticed Hackintool already displayed all the available ports beyond the 15 limit without USBInjectAll, even though some of them didn't work because falling out of the range.
I recovered an old .ASL file containing the mapping of the ports i did in Clover, so i knew which one to keep.
I was then able to generate the USBPorts.Kext and voilà, everything working perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 23.56.44.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 23.56.44.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 34
Well, i somehow managed to fix it:
I noticed Hackintool already displayed all the available ports beyond the 15 limit without USBInjectAll, even though some of them didn't work because falling out of the range.
I recovered an old .ASL file containing the mapping of the ports i did in Clover, so i knew which one to keep.
I was then able to generate the USBPorts.Kext and voilà, everything working perfectly.
you have set them all to internal though......?

Back