Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@odemolay It is as @trs96 mentioned. If you still want it, let me know and I'll attach it here :thumbup:
Ed has a completely different CPU and motherboard than you do. Wouldn't be of much use to you.
@trs96 for sure it is not for me... it's for a friend who use Clover 5135 with i7-8700K and Asus Maximus X Hero. He is trying to install Big Sur from Mojave. But the installation doesnt go to the last step. The computer goes to sleep, and, when he wake up it, it's still Mojave with some Big Sur volumes inside.

@ed.stein Big yes for the EFI! It will help a lot, I guess.

Thank you by advance.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-06-19 à 00.33.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-06-19 à 00.33.50.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 39
thank you very much we gonna take the quircks settings, devices properties and SSDT to try to success with clover, if no then we will try OC. have a good day. @ed.stein that is OpenCore 06x ? not 070. shall you give us the one with you installed BigSur ? kind regards

thanks, i was wondering, because i don't see the "Flavour" lines i guess it's a choice to let you use bootstrap , cause you still have the Bootstrap file inside ... even if it has been deleted since 3 or 4 for versions, but we can probably re-embed it by choice.

just 2 or 3 questions:

why do you have 2 times opencanopy.efi inside? once in the OC folder and once in the Driver folder as recommended.

why did you choose to use FakeSMC and not Virtual SMC, is it specific to this card, maybe this is a point where we are totally wrong with its 5135 EFI clover ... i imagine you are a real pro to do something touchy like that.

and why some legacy drivers ?, I feel very ignorant about this or this motherboard is very unusual? I did not even know that we could have several "HFSPlus"

thank you again @ed.stein it's super kind to help us

Last edited:
why do you have 2 times opencanopy.efi inside? once in the OC folder and once in the Driver folder as recommended.
It's likely I forgot to remove it.

why did you choose to use FakeSMC and not Virtual SMC, is it specific to this card, maybe this is a point where we are totally wrong with its 5135 EFI clover ... i imagine you are a real pro to do something touchy like that.
LOL I'm not, by any standards, a pro when it comes to hackintoshing, the one that helped me the most here was always @Stork . I did go with FakeSMC because of some comment by someone (likely in this thread) but I honestly don't remember why I had to go with FakeSMC. All I know is that someone recommended it and after I started using it, my sensors started to work properly.

and why some legacy drivers ?, I feel very ignorant about this or this motherboard is very unusual? I did not even know that we could have several "HFSPlus"
That's also something I forgot to remove. For my setup you only need OpenCanopy, OpenRuntime and HfsPlus.

thanks, i was wondering, because i don't see the "Flavour" lines i guess it's a choice to let you use bootstrap , cause you still have the Bootstrap file inside ... even if it has been deleted since 3 or 4 for versions, but we can probably re-embed it by choice.

That's likely trash from 0.6.0. I updated from 0.6 to 0.7 and the process involves updating only a few files, not the whole folder. That might be why you see it there.

thank you very much we gonna take the quircks settings, devices properties and SSDT to try to success with clover, if no then we will try OC. have a good day. @ed.stein that is OpenCore 06x ? not 070. shall you give us the one with you installed BigSur ? kind regards
I run Big Sur with Clover on this board and it works great! Had no issues updating from Mojave but read first on the GitHub that you must not hide the Preboot volume in Clover config and select that to boot from the same as OpenCore does.

Here is my config which passes the the new Clover config validator. I inject device properties to populate the PCI section of About this Mac so you may want to delete those as the hardware might not match. I also have both the RX580 and onboard GPU in headless. This is running with all the Acidanthera kexts as well.

You may also need to add the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml as well. I have my USB ports via a separate SSDT-UIAC which I already shared somewhere else on this thread.

Attachments

• c0c0p0ps Big Sur Clover config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 45
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    349 bytes · Views: 45
thank you very much all of you we gonna try

Alright, so after a few days I can say 11.4 is pretty stable!
It's so good to finally be able to use spotlight to do math again... :D
It seems pretty rock solid to me. I've got zero complaints so far. As I've said on my first post-11.4-migration post, the resources usage has dropped considerably. So it's not only faster, it's finally stable! I don't miss Mojave anymore, after 2 years struggling with Catalina, I can finally let Mojave go :beachball:

If you haven't yet and your workflow allows you to, go to 11.4!
It's so good in here, I hope I can hold on migrating to Monterey (Catalina is too fresh in my memory...) :D

Back