Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

It might be a little bit off-topic... if so, pls forgive me.
I'd like to test opencore on my system (of course based on ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X + ADM RX 580) to see if it is any better than my current working Clover.. is there any guide for our system?
thanks in advance!
Not that I'm aware of. See the Bootloaders forum section for OpenCore guides. But, it's still in early beta, so I don't think you'll find a guide for our system yet.

Not that I'm aware of. See the Bootloaders forum section for OpenCore guides. But, it's still in early beta, so I don't think you'll find a guide for our system yet.
Thank you. I'm reading those guides but they seems to me still a bit complex... I'll keep reading :)
the reason I'm asking is that I understood that developer of Lilu and whatevergreen are moving to it so sooner or later it would be better to know it

Thank you. I'm reading those guides but they seems to me still a bit complex... I'll keep reading :)
the reason I'm asking is that I understood that developer of Lilu and whatevergreen are moving to it so sooner or later it would be better to know it
Well, since it's still in early beta, I'm in a hurry up and wait mode. Unless it's a hobby for you, I'd wait until the beta version reached 0.9 as that's when you'll see more guides and installation tools.

How's your audio input on this build? ...As in microphone-in. I'm not using FireWire just want to use the regular audio-in.

Plus, is AppleALC all you need for good audio-in?

I've been using Bluetooth headphones and the dictation isn't very good

Thanks.

Hi,

I was wondering, using latest Whatevergreen, is ati injection and the Orinoco framebuffer patch still needed ?
Edit: seems to be working fine, without injecting ATI and Orinoco patch, using Multibeast 12.

Edit: after a day my second monitor started flickering, never saw that before. After injecting ATI and applying the Orinoco patch again, it all seems stable again, for now.
In the attachments my Multibeast 12 config and kexts in Clover/kexts/other (only USBinjectAll.kext + SSDT USB.aml mapping)
I'm also using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Take care,

Chimiel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 09.02.04.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 09.02.04.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 10.13.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 10.13.58.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hi @Stork. Is there any chance that you update this machine and the guide to Catalina any time soon? I'm thinking to do it to my Hackintosh, now that I'm inside my house in self-isolation and have plenty of time. But if you do it any time soon I prefer to wait and follow your guide.

Hi @Stork. Is there any chance that you update this machine and the guide to Catalina any time soon? I'm thinking to do it to my Hackintosh, now that I'm inside my house in self-isolation and have plenty of time. But if you do it any time soon I prefer to wait and follow your guide.
Now that MultiBeast for Catalina has been released, I'll update the Installation process in Post #1 in the next couple of days.

I must emphasize that, since Catalina has changed so much from Mojave (file structure, security and 64 apps only), I will not be using Catalina as a production build. Personally, I've have a lot of 32bit apps that haven't been updated by their authors. So, I'm going to have to pune and/or find replacements for these depreciated apps.

Now that MultiBeast for Catalina has been released, I'll update the Installation process in Post #1 in the next couple of days.

I must emphasize that, since Catalina has changed so much from Mojave (file structure, security and 64 apps only), I will not be using Catalina as a production build. Personally, I've have a lot of 32bit apps that haven't been updated by their authors. So, I'm going to have to pune and/or find replacements for these depreciated apps.

Great news! I'll wait for your update. Thanks

Back