Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

You currently have your CPU overclock and XMP disabled, correct? Are the temps in your case good? GPU temps? VRM temps?

Yup, no OC, temps about 60 on gpu, about same on cpu. Sometimes i don't do anything extensive on DR, just scrolling through timeline or playing back, and audio meters freeze, sound keeps playing and the umbrella keeps scrolling indefinately. Mouse moves but everything else is unresponsive.

Yup, no OC, temps about 60 on gpu, about same on cpu. Sometimes i don't do anything extensive on DR, just scrolling through timeline or playing back, and audio meters freeze, sound keeps playing and the umbrella keeps scrolling indefinately. Mouse moves but everything else is unresponsive.

Do you have different RAM to try?

Do you have different RAM to try?
Yup, i recently added 2x16 Hyper X rams, before that i use Corsair Vengeance RED LED 32GB 2666MHz. I can try with Vengeance rams as with Corsairs it froze just the same.

Yup, i recently added 2x16 Hyper X rams, before that i use Corsair Vengeance RED LED 32GB 2666MHz. I can try with Vengeance rams as with Corsairs it froze just the same.

My guess is that this instability is related to CPU, RAM, or VRM. Once again, try disabling XMP (in both BIOS and config.plist). Make sure the VRM heatsinks are getting a bit of airflow.

@Stork ... does it matter, if I user iMac18,3 or iMac19,2 .. what is the best choice in MultiBeast ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that this instability is related to CPU, RAM, or VRM. Once again, try disabling XMP (in both BIOS and config.plist). Make sure the VRM heatsinks are getting a bit of airflow.

XMP-s are disabled. Vents on GPU are standing still most of the time and barely moving when reaching about 50 C. All temps are about 30-40 most of the time, GPU will reach about 50 when rendering something. Yet it still freezes just by scrolling timeline or source clips, absolutely nothing that could stress the system. This is just mind-boggling...

PS. in config the disabling XMP is on clover on Boot section XMP Detection Yes or NO ? It is on "NO".

XMP-s are disabled. Vents on GPU are standing still most of the time and barely moving when reaching about 50 C. All temps are about 30-40 most of the time, GPU will reach about 50 when rendering something. Yet it still freezes just by scrolling timeline or source clips, absolutely nothing that could stress the system. This is just mind-boggling...

PS. in config the disabling XMP is on clover on Boot section XMP Detection Yes or NO ? It is on "NO".

Yes, it is mind boggling... I don't know what else it can possibly be...

@Stork again ... is there a reason, why you are using the iMac18,2, or was it just the newest one when you build your setup an you never updated it .. I'm using a I9700K on the Z370 X Hero .. are there any differences for performance/stability, in Choice of iMac model ...?

@Stork again ... is there a reason, why you are using the iMac18,2, or was it just the newest one when you build your setup an you never updated it .. I'm using a I9700K on the Z370 X Hero .. are there any differences for performance/stability, in Choice of iMac model ...?
At the time I created MyHero II, the iMac18,2/3 was the appropriate SMBIOS. However, if you using an i7-9700K, then you may want to use the iMacPro1,1.

You also have a Vega 64 which I don't have. But, @pastrychef can probably give you better advice since he's now using the i9 series processor and a Vega 64.

Back