Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Please post your EFI folder and a screenshot of what's in your /Library/Extensions/ folder.

Also, please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Thank you @pastrychef ! :)
Attached the Clover folder + screenshot of /L/E/

both "pmset -g log | grep -i failure" and "sudo pmset -g log | grep -i failure" didn't show any output

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot L-E.png
    Screenshot L-E.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 48
Thank you @pastrychef ! :)
Attached the Clover folder + screenshot of /L/E/

both "pmset -g log | grep -i failure" and "sudo pmset -g log | grep -i failure" didn't show any output

Make backups of your existing EFI and files.

Please try using the attached EFI folder. Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your existing config.plist to the config.plist in my EFI folder.

Make sure IGPU is enabled in BIOS and allocate 64MB of memory to it.
Also, Primary Display should be set to your RX 580.

The SSDT-EC.aml isn't really necessary. You can try with and without it to see if it affects your sleep.
If you are absolutely positive that your SSDT-UIAC.aml file was made specifically for your motherboard, you can copy it to my EFI. If it was NOT made specifically for your motherboard, DO NOT use it. You can easily create one of your own using Hackintool. If/when you use an SSDT for USB with my EFI folder, you should disable all the USB KextsToPatches in config.plist.

Delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• EFI Unified r5.1.1 (Mojave_Catalina PB).zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Make backups of your existing EFI and files.

Please try using the attached EFI folder. Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your existing config.plist to the config.plist in my EFI folder.

Delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Thank you very much @pastrychef I'll make a try to see the advantage of your configuration and report back.

I have a couple of questions just for me to learn:
- what did you find wrong /misconfigured in my config.plist ?

- I was reading in many builds that people were suggesting to move kext from Clover to macos (/L/E).. you instead your telling me to do the opposite.. what is the advantage from one approach to another?

thanks in advance to help me learning :)

Thank you very much @pastrychef I'll make a try to see the advantage of your configuration and report back.

I have a couple of questions just for me to learn:
- what did you find wrong /misconfigured in my config.plist ?

- I was reading in many builds that people were suggesting to move kext from Clover to macos (/L/E).. you instead your telling me to do the opposite.. what is the advantage from one approach to another?

thanks in advance to help me learning :)

I don't remember. Lol. But I felt it needed enough changes that it was just easier to start fresh...

Both /Library/Extensions/ and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ work. One is more of a PITA to maintain and update than the other. I choose the easier route. It's up to you which method you want to use.

Edit:
One more advantage to using /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ is that you can enable SIP.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and also ask a question if possible.
I am planning to make another build. Usually i use gigabyte motherboards but i found a sh system with ASUS ROG-STRIX Z370-H Gaming. Is this motherboard ok for a mojave build? Will i be able to make everything work same like with asus rog maximus hero? I saw it has a slightly different audio codec. it`s that a big deal? Thank you and i am sorry if it`s off topic.
The Z370-H should work fine with Mojave. However, I recommend that you look at @pastrychef's Golden Build for the Z370 as he is more knowledgeable about the Z370-x motherboards.

Hi guys. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and also ask a question if possible.
I am planning to make another build. Usually i use gigabyte motherboards but i found a sh system with ASUS ROG-STRIX Z370-H Gaming. Is this motherboard ok for a mojave build? Will i be able to make everything work same like with asus rog maximus hero? I saw it has a slightly different audio codec. it`s that a big deal? Thank you and i am sorry if it`s off topic.

The Z370-H should be a fine motherboard for hackintoshing. The audio codec is also fine.

I don't remember. Lol. But I felt it needed enough changes that it was just easier to start fresh...

Edit:
One more advantage to using /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ is that you can enable SIP.

thanks for the explanation... what is SIP exactly?

Yup... As suspected... Please delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
realtekALC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

@pastrychef

Seems there is no remedy for the freezing problem. It does not do it nearly as much as before but still like 2-4 times in 1 hour in Davinci Resolve :(. Is there anything left to try ?

Thanks a million,
PK

@pastrychef

Seems there is no remedy for the freezing problem. It does not do it nearly as much as before but still like 2-4 times in 1 hour in Davinci Resolve :(. Is there anything left to try ?

Thanks a million,
PK

You currently have your CPU overclock and XMP disabled, correct? Are the temps in your case good? GPU temps? VRM temps?

Back