Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Thanks again Stork. I will wait for 10.14.5 and then give it a try with a RX 590 or even a Vega if I feel like splurging on a special treat :) I guess there will be a messy moment as I try to upgrade to Mojave (thus losing h/w accel on the NVIDIA board), then swap in the AMD gpu... but hopefully I won't end up bricked!
Let me know when you want to upgrade, and I'll give you the steps.

Hi @Stork , i have a Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse, Is it still necessary to place the fbname of Orinoco? i Have Mojave 10.14.3

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-05 a la(s) 14.21.11.png

My question is primarily to understand if I'm really getting the best of it out on the rx580. My Inject Ati & Intel is false.

I have the Gpu configured on the bios as the main, and too IGPU for calculating processes (Recommended for finalcutpro), The IGPU was set up in the devices section

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-05 a la(s) 14.32.27.png

Then I deactivate inject>Intel in Graphics section

I don't understand the Orinoco thing, thank you very much for your help!!

If you run DCPIManager and it's different than what I show in Post #1, then you'll need to do the FrameBuffer config.plist patch. However, WhateverGreen.kext might correct this, though. So run DCPIManager first.

@Stork short question, got nearly the same build. Is there a way to control fan speeds when using fakesmc? Running 10.14.4. I've searched around here, but didn't find an real answer. If it dosen't work, thats fine. Just want to be sure I got everything to work which could work, just for my mind to be "complete". ;-)

@oklhost, I don't have any problems with fan speeds, either case fans, processor fan or graphics card. I've never had to adjust fans' speeds so I can't advise you. I recommend you post your question in the General Help forum section.

I've never see this before. Are you trying to install High Sierra or Mojave?

High Sierra. sorry for the delay, I'm in grad school. thanks for your help.

High Sierra. sorry for the delay, I'm in grad school. thanks for your help.
Been there, done that. :D

Boot to the Desktop, then About This Mac and click on the Version to get your build number. Then get the correct Nvidia driver from the tonymacx86 Downloads menu.

Hopefully, this will get you squared away.

Been there, done that. :D

Boot to the Desktop, then About This Mac and click on the Version to get your build number. Then get the correct Nvidia driver from the tonymacx86 Downloads menu.

Hopefully, this will get you squared away.

I have the correct drivers for my build but I can only get into the desktop by booking in to -s then exiting. magically it loads the desktop with working webdrivers and the correct info for the graphics card. I just can't get past the boot loader. it is stuck in the image attached if I try to load as normal.

have I not injected a kext correctly?

Attachments

• IMG_0205.PNG
    IMG_0205.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
I have the correct drivers for my build but I can only get into the desktop by booking in to -s then exiting. magically it loads the desktop with working webdrivers and the correct info for the graphics card. I just can't get past the boot loader. it is stuck in the image attached if I try to load as normal.

@pastrychef can you add anything to help @mstemp?

You have the gIOScreenLockState 3 error. That's a graphics error.

If you currently have IGPU enabled, disable it in BIOS and see if you still have the error.
If the error is gone after disabling IGPU in BIOS, then you probably have IGPU configured incorrectly.
If the error persists even after disabling IGPU in BIOS, the error is due to Nvidia drivers.

Back