Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

HS build17G5019
with WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.122

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active, and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guide and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but, when I left -s, I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work, and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? To me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank

HS build17G5019

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guid and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but when I left -s I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? to me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank

I am really sorry but I don’t know what any of your single user mode stuff means or why you were doing that to get your Nvidia card working. I have been running a GTX960 with no issues at all up till a few weeks ago when I switched to AMD. Another friend is using an EVGA GTX1080 without issue under high Sierra as well.

It was always really simple especially after all the graphics patches were merged under whatever green kext. Make sure you have that and lilu installed (personally I inject all kexts from clover) and set Nvidia web as ‘true’ in clover as detailed in this post

You want no other graphics injection anywhere else in clover. With the kexts you should be able to reach desktop without acceleration but once you install the webdriver and reboot you will get full acceleration in high Sierra. I don’t know what SMBIOS you are using but I have always had iMac 18,3 which has been super stable on this build, even when switching GPU over.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I have a problem with this build. I'm able to connect Exfat hard disk but not Mac OS Extended (journaled) ones. The hard disk are not displayed connecting to any USB port
What can I do?

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with this build. I'm able to connect Exfat hard disk but not Mac OS Extended (journaled) ones. The hard disk are not displayed connecting to any USB port
What can I do?
Make sure that you have HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Make sure that you have HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

@P1LGRIM VBoxHfs-64.efi is in the folder. What can I do?

Last edited:
HS build17G5019

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active, and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guide and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but, when I left -s, I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work, and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? To me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank
I've never see this before. Are you trying to install High Sierra or Mojave?

Oh, I have not mentioned that I was able to connect the Hard Disk and transfer lots of files (after trying to connect and disconnect several times). From then on the hard disk was not able to be seen. I tried with another WD HHD with no luck. Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue @Stork @P1LGRIM ?
Thank you in advance for the help

When I use Orinoco, the system is freezing after 5 minutes!
Are you sure that is necessary?
@Stork
Works OK for me. Try it w/o my config.plist FrameBuffer patch, but use the latest Luli and WhateverGreen kexts. Check to see if it works with DCPIManager. (I used my config.plist FrameBuffer patch for a while. The latest Luli and WhateverGreen kexts may fix the situation.)

Works OK for me. Try it w/o my config.plist FrameBuffer patch, but use the latest Luli and WhateverGreen kexts. Check to see if it works with DCPIManager. (I used my config.plist FrameBuffer patch for a while. The latest Luli and WhateverGreen kexts may fix the situation.)
I use no framebuffer patch and just let whatevergreen 'do its thing' (including any needed DSDT patches) and it correctly identifies and injects all my graphics for me, including my iGPU in headless mode. I am still running the latest High Sierra still.

Back