Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Are you sure the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are not working? They are on a separate controller and should work. They should not be affected by the SSDT.
Work perfectly for me at full speed, in addition to the intel ports on my SSDT.

Are you sure the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are not working? They are on a separate controller and should work. They should not be affected by the SSDT.
if the USB 3.1 gen 2 works, that port is not inside the SSDT

if the USB 3.1 gen 2 works, that port is not inside the SSDT

Correct. On all the Z370 motherboards I've seen, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on ASMedia controllers. Since it's separate from the Intel chipset controller and macOS has native support for ASMedia USB 3.1 gen 2 chipsets, they should just work.

Correct. On all the Z370 motherboards I've seen, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on ASMedia controllers. Since it's separate from the Intel chipset controller and macOS has native support for ASMedia USB 3.1 gen 2 chipsets, they should just work.

Am I right to assume that these ports do not fall under the 15 USB port limit? That is what I think to observe on my rig. They are not under XHC in ioReg but under PXSX > PRT1 or PRT2.

Am I right to assume that these ports do not fall under the 15 USB port limit? That is what I think to observe on my rig. They are not under XHC in ioReg but under PXSX > PRT1 or PRT2.

Correct. Since the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller, it has nothing to do with the 15 port limit.

Correct. Since the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller, it has nothing to do with the 15 port limit.

Thanks for the clarification. It was causing me sort of a headache until I decided not to care :cool:

Hi! I just ran a Cinebench on my OSX 10.14.3 system and Vega 56. I got 88.59FPS.
I checked my old benchmark on 10.13.5, and there I got 146.90FPS. Any ideas what could be the difference?

Now, I'm running the graphics card OOB. So I did not add any kext for it.

Hi! I just ran a Cinebench on my OSX 10.14.3 system and Vega 56. I got 88.59FPS.
I checked my old benchmark on 10.13.5, and there I got 146.90FPS. Any ideas what could be the difference?

No idea why you have that much of a difference in your CineBench scores. @pastrychef might be able to help.

Cinebench is a very bad benchmark for GPUs. With a powerful video card, your benchmark results will almost certainly be bottlenecked by CPU.

I just ran Cinebench on my Vega 56 and macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and got 177.15fps.

Therefore, in your situation, the first place I would check would be to see if the CPU is running optimally.

Now i got 139.97fps. I had a "hommade" fusiondrive with 2Xraid0 4TB disk and 500GB ssd that i used. I removed those 3 disks and all is working great again! :)

Thanks for help fast answers! you guys rock!

Back