Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Will give it ago. I had already shut off the nVidia Web drivers from loading but hadn't uninstalled them. I had previously had my Radeon 5770 booting with the nVidia drivers installed when I was getting ready to make the move to the GTX card, so I thought the system would just disregard them if Clover said not to load them. Just to be sure we're on the same page, you're referring to the Orinoco patch along with having Intel and Radeon injected?...
Yes, Orinoco patch along with having Intel and ATI injected PLUS using Luli and WhatEverGreen kexts.

Any thoughts on RadeonDeInit being enabled?...
Not needed as IIRC Clover now takes care of that.

Yes, Orinoco patch along with having Intel and ATI injected PLUS using Luli and WhatEverGreen kexts.

...Not needed as IIRC Clover now takes care of that.

Ugh. Same result even after pulling the nVidia drivers. Got some 120fps video of verbose mode to see what was going on before it reboots. On first review, it seems I’m getting a kernel panic. Saw fakeSMC amidst the blur of text. Reinstalled the 960 and upgraded to the latest version of fakeSMC using Multibeast 11. I’ve never had luck with Multibeast kexts loading reliably in /Library/Extensions so I deleted it from there, just leaving it in Other, as has been the case since first using Clover. That’s when things got weird. I reinstalled nVidia drivers and rebooted (prior patches removed) as I had to get some work done. Things looked okay initially and then I noticed that my SATA HDDs had not loaded properly. Checked Other in the EFI. All looked good. Rebooted, same thing. The only change had been fakeSMC. Perhaps I needed to rebuild the kext cache or something? I thought injecting kexts from Other mitigated that need? Tried downgrading to the prior version of using Multibeast 10 and then basically booted into the Apple boot screen with no progress.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi Stork My Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ (flashed Pulse BIOS) does not work. I've tried every thing, but no luck. I have a black screen after deleting High Sierra all and kext going to desktop but no graphics pls help maybe you can check my files :roll2:

Attachments

• dpc.png
    dpc.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
  • efi.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 57
  • yahya’s iMac.ioreg
    8.8 MB · Views: 57

...Not needed as IIRC Clover now takes care of that.

All right. It turns out, pulling the install drive, installing it in a USB enclosure, and booting it up with my Z170 system seems to have remedied my issues. My Z68 system is back to booting normally with nVidia drivers loading properly along with the Clover kexts. Your guess is as good as mine.

The other issues I've seen since getting the card, regardless of booting, are as follows:

1) My BIOS splash screen is ridiculous. The BIOS itself renders fine, but the BIOS splash screen is messed up. I went to the lengths of picking up a second RX 580 Pulse to see if the first was a dud. Both have the same issue with the BIOS splash screen. Installing the card into my Z170 system = no problem with BIOS splash screen.

upload_2018-12-7_3-26-22.jpeg

2) When the card is installed, it messes with my older Chameleon boot loaders. When I F12 to boot from an older install, this is what happens. Gibberish and it freezes. If I reinstall the nVidia card, it loads as it should and boots up w/o issue.

upload_2018-12-7_3-23-31.jpeg

Mind you, Clover loads up and is rendered just fine. EFI versus MBR? I've never had a GPU interfere with a drive in this way, however, so I'm at a loss.

If you're feeling frisky, Stork, maybe throw that card into Zorro or Son of Zorro and see what happens with the splash screen? :D

Any ideas?

TIA!

Hi Stork My Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ (flashed Pulse BIOS) does not work. I've tried every thing, but no luck. I have a black screen after deleting High Sierra all and kext going to desktop but no graphics pls help maybe you can check my files :roll2:
First, why did flash the Nitro+ with a Pulse BIOS?!

Second, what utility created your config.plist? It's full of extra patches, and the Nvidia parameter is turned on.

So, how did you install macOS?

My RX 580 showing rx 480 in clover boot menu
Did you check to see how macOS defined your Frame Buffer? Run DCPIManager and post the screen snapshot.

All right. It turns out, pulling the install drive, installing it in a USB enclosure, and booting it up with my Z170 system seems to have remedied my issues. My Z68 system is back to booting normally with nVidia drivers loading properly along with the Clover kexts. Your guess is as good as mine.

The other issues I've seen since getting the card, regardless of booting, are as follows:

1) My BIOS splash screen is ridiculous. The BIOS itself renders fine, but the BIOS splash screen is messed up. I went to the lengths of picking up a second RX 580 Pulse to see if the first was a dud. Both have the same issue with the BIOS splash screen. Installing the card into my Z170 system = no problem with BIOS splash screen.

2) When the card is installed, it messes with my older Chameleon boot loaders. When I F12 to boot from an older install, this is what happens. Gibberish and it freezes. If I reinstall the nVidia card, it loads as it should and boots up w/o issue.
My Zorro and Son of Zorro Z68 systems are using Clover. I haven't a clue how to fix anything in Chameleon/Chimera.

Mind you, Clover loads up and is rendered just fine. EFI versus MBR? I've never had a GPU interfere with a drive in this way, however, so I'm at a loss.

If you're feeling frisky, Stork, maybe throw that card into Zorro or Son of Zorro and see what happens with the splash screen? :D
I'll try putting my Sapphire RX 580 in Zorro over the next couple of days. But, I recommend you upgrade your system to a Clover boot loading system.

My Zorro and Son of Zorro Z68 systems are using Clover. I haven't a clue how to fix anything in Chameleon/Chimera.

I'll try putting my Sapphire RX 580 in Zorro over the next couple of days. But, I recommend you upgrade your system to a Clover boot loading system.

Understandable about Chameleon/Chimera. I've just never seen a GPU interfere with something coming off of the drive like this.

To be clear, I do have Clover up and running on my primary install drive. The Chameleon/Chimera install is on a separate drive with an older Mac OS and I'm commenting on the RX 580 nuances as one would ideally want a GPU that plays nicely with a system in all respects. e.g., BIOS splash screen and use w/ different boot loaders

Need some Help..
Security update on High Sierra - 2018-003, installed it, asks for a reboot, OK.
On boot in Clover I selected boot Install on HIGH (High Sierra) and it seems that it does nothing.
After a minute or so I get a circle with \.
I tried a couple of times, no luck.
What's the trick?
Thanks for reading and support.

Back