Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Hello,
Still with problems on my USB's speed and charging any easy way to manage those?
I been trying to sort it out with your posts but nothing looks works. I manage to get the USB speeds close to the normal on 3.0 but no charging...
Tks

Here's the guide for USB power property injection:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

For me, it was just a matter doing a DSDT rename and adding an SSDT.

To get USB working right, you should create SSDT for your USB ports.

I'm going to check this post again....I'm using system def on Macpro 6,1, is there any differences on the ones presented on guide?
tks

I'm going to check this post again....I'm using system def on Macpro 6,1, is there any differences on the ones presented on guide?
tks
MultiBeast's default is iMac14,2 to get you going; it worked for me in the beginning. Then, I moved to iMac18,3 (used MultiBeast to change the system definition). Both worked the same for me, but I didn't peal back the onion to do a lot of testing. Sleep/wake-up works...no problems using the procedures in Post #1. :thumbup:

Not bad, once you break the code. I did the following:
- Add the FBName = Orinoco and Inject > ATI=true & Intel=True to config.plist which you can do with Clover Configurator
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FBName</key>
        <string>Orinoco</string>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
- Added Lili and Whatevergreen kexts to /Library/Extensions/ with KextBeast.​

That's it!

Thanks, it worked for me.

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.51.17 PM.png

Stork's MyHero II Build:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580

Thanks for the guide! I'm trying to get this card up and running on my legacy Z68 board. It boots about 3/4 of the way and then reboots. I've tried all the ATI steps you've recommended and still a no-go. Tried 14,2 (from 12,2), still a no go. The closest I got was a safe mode boot, which got to the user login screen and then it rebooted. I'm trying to come from an nVidia setup. I'm currently using a GTX 960, but have also had a 1070 up and running with the system without an issue. I also did a native boot into Windows, which loaded up w/o a problem, just to make sure the card wasn't a dud. Any suggestions on where to start with further troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated! My OOB RX 580 experience is off to a less than stellar start!

TIA!

Thanks for the guide! I'm trying to get this card up and running on my legacy Z68 board. It boots about 3/4 of the way and then reboots. I've tried all the ATI steps you've recommended and still a no-go. Tried 14,2 (from 12,2), still a no go. The closest I got was a safe mode boot, which got to the user login screen and then it rebooted. I'm trying to come from an nVidia setup. I'm currently using a GTX 960, but have also had a 1070 up and running with the system without an issue. I also did a native boot into Windows, which loaded up w/o a problem, just to make sure the card wasn't a dud. Any suggestions on where to start with further troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated! My OOB RX 580 experience is off to a less than stellar start!
Your System Definition shouldn't matter. Did you uninstall your Nvidia drivers? If not, put the GTX 960 or 1070 back into your system and boot to the Desktop. First, in your config.plist, set the SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb =NO. Also make sure the config.plist has the patch I showed in Post #1, Post Installation, set up correctly. Lastly, uninstall the Nvidia drivers using the Uninstall button in the Nvidia System Preference pane.

Now, shut down the system and swap out the GTX for RX 580.

I have Saphire Special Edition RX580 ( Blue one ) and i didn't check any "FBName"
Should i use Orinoco or something else ? Thx. I still use High Sierra ... i dont really like Mojave... ( it looks slower then H Sierra )
What is the FrameBuffer now?

Blank ( nothing )
It can't be nothing. Did you run DCPIManager as I showed in the Post Installation section (after my MultiBest configuration) in Post #1?

You are using the RadeonFrameBuffer which is the general Frame Buffer for AMD graphics cards. If you are not experiencing any graphics problems, then I won't fix something that's not broken. Use it for awhile to see how things are working. However, if you're using Apple's FCPx, then you should use the config.plist Orinoco FrameBuffer patch as shown in Post #1 provided that your have 2x DP, 2x HDMI and 1x DVI ports on your RX 580.

Your System Definition shouldn't matter. Did you uninstall your Nvidia drivers? If not, put the GTX 960 or 1070 back into your system and boot to the Desktop. First, in your config.plist, set the SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb =NO. Also make sure the config.plist has the patch I showed in Post #1, Post Installation, set up correctly. Lastly, uninstall the Nvidia drivers using the Uninstall button in the Nvidia System Preference pane.

Now, shut down the system and swap out the GTX for RX 580.

Will give it ago. I had already shut off the nVidia Web drivers from loading but hadn't uninstalled them. I had previously had my Radeon 5770 booting with the nVidia drivers installed when I was getting ready to make the move to the GTX card, so I thought the system would just disregard them if Clover said not to load them. Just to be sure we're on the same page, you're referring to the Orinoco patch along with having Intel and Radeon injected? Any thoughts on RadeonDeInit being enabled?

As an aside, nice choice on the case! I got the silver variant as my first Hackintosh case, wanting some degree of elegance to echo Apple's design ethos. :)

Back