Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@Stork, Thanks for this guide! Successfully build my first Hackintosh and everything works OOB. There are some little differences to your build, used another case, RAM, cooler as well as another wifi card. I bought a Dell DW1510 and put it into a PCIe converter card, wifi works great, but can't get native BT running. So I use this small Broadcom dongle which also runs OOB. Soon I will get this Fenvi PCIe card. Thanks for the awesome work you did here.

cheers,
Ole

@Stork @pastrychef: Thanks for the help.

New stupid thing, I turned FileVault yesterday evening, now my boot option is gone.
There is a resque disk, but what's the use.
How can I fix this so I can boot the normal way?
I feel very stupid.....

@Stork @pastrychef: Thanks for the help.

New stupid thing, I turned FileVault yesterday evening, now my boot option is gone.
There is a resque disk, but what's the use.
How can I fix this so I can boot the normal way?
I feel very stupid.....

You need to add the Clover options to add FileVault support.

Did you use my procedures in the first post? (I ask because you didn't describe your steps to the installation.)

Yes I followed your gold build guide, but I am still having the same issues. I am going to use a different Mac to create my boot stick as I am no having issues even getting that to complete without errors.

You need to add the Clover options to add FileVault support.
Where can I do that? Enterering space gives me some options.... but no ADD FileVault support.

Where can I do that? Enterering space gives me some options.... but no ADD FileVault support.

It's in the Clover boot loader installer.

Hey Guys, I got a nice deal on a RX 570 Pulse 4GB.
I've done some reading around here and have a few questions if you can help me decide if I should keep the order or not, I would be grateful, thanks!

I've seen a fix for the 580 Pulse to be recognized as an eGPU to help with Final Cut, is this fix required for the 570 Pulse or is it plug and play? I currently have a GTX 1060 6GB and pretty happy with it. However, I seem to have glitches and sometimes freezes on Sierra.
I prepared a High Sierra install to compare it, feels almost twice as responsive, metal powered apps seem to work real nice, but I heard the drivers for Nvidia are still not that great on HSierra, should I still expect freezes and glitches? Do Nvidia cards truly work better with adobe software with the Nvidia web drivers? I've done some comparisons with metal setting vs CUDA, and they seem to render about the same in adobe media encoder(maybe it's not a good test)...

Noticed that sometimes I keep finding reports here and on ****** about the RX 570 freezing or glitching, is that to be expected?
Because I have those issues already and I'm very concerned about going forward with the RX 570 as the GTX 1060 is much more powerful on Windows use.

Final question, would I be able to use the RX 570 Pulse with a third party eGPU enclosure for my 2014 Mac Mini? I can do my projects nicely on Mac Mini but it can't power a UHD display at 60Hz, and I need Metal acceleration for sketch app.

I've read that the new beta of Mojave might remove support for off the shelf graphics cards, but I'm not totally sure I understood what I read, sorry if I misunderstood.

Last edited:
How do I enter Clover boot loafers installer, I tried every option :(

Mount the EFI partition of your main system drive.
Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/.
Replace the drivers64UEFI folder with the one I've attached.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    94.7 KB · Views: 82
Mount the EFI partition of your main system drive.
Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/.
Replace the drivers64UEFI folder with the one I've attached.
Thanks. But how can I mount the EFI partition, I only have / See the clover boot screen.

Back