Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

N

no problem, i will try to figure it out.
You are also on 10.14.1 ?
I a test disk with Mojave 10.14.1 on it, but my production is HS 10.13.6.

Hi Stork.
Sorry to bother you with this, but I have been searching a solution for a month now, without success...
I have built your MyHero II, with one difference, my processor is a I7 8086K.
I have random freezes, where the screen freezes but not the mouse.
I know this is a common problem, I have followed all the links, and found a lot of advice on the forums, but nothing worked.
I thought I had it when I did a clean install, but it lasted 2 days and started freezing again.

Would you take a look at my attached file ?

Thanks so much.

Yes, you can do that. I have added a template DSL file to my repository, with all potential ports for this chipset injected. Internal ports are listed in the comments at the top of the file, along with instructions for compiling the final SSDT.

My ASUS Maximus X Hero is the WiFi-AC version and so my SSDT injects internal port 'HS13' for the Bluetooth radio. If your motherboard does not have an M.2 WiFi/Bluetooth module, then you may simply remove 'HS13' along with the other unnecessary internal ports and instead inject one of those listed in your diagram.

Ensure that the total number of ports remains below fifteen. 'HS09', 'HS10', 'HS11' and 'HS12' may correspond directly to the port numbers in your diagram but I would recommend confirming this using IOJones.

If you require additional detail, please have a read through RehabMan's guide. It is quite a dense document but I would recommend reading from the sentence "In order to discover which ports need to be in the SSDT". This section explains the procedure for determining which 'HSXX' and 'SSXX' port numbers correspond to which physical ports on your motherboard, using IOJones or IORegistryExplorer.

EDIT: Links in original post updated to reflect change of repository directory structure.

Thanks again for your files and time!
Question: I checked all the ports, I need HS09, HS10, HS12, they are intern (255?)
Also HS01, HS02, and what's left in the maximum number of ports left: HS03 to HS08
I don't need HS11, HS13 and HS14.
I don't know what ports are for USB-C, do you know the answer?

I removed HS03, HS07, HS10, HS11, HS14, SS07, SS08, SS09, SS10 and USR1, USR2 -> I don't know what USR1 and 2 are for...
Total 14 ports left.

Sleep works with bluetooth enabled, :)

Last edited:
Hi Stork.
Sorry to bother you with this, but I have been searching a solution for a month now, without success...
I have built your MyHero II, with one difference, my processor is a I7 8086K.
I have random freezes, where the screen freezes but not the mouse.
I know this is a common problem, I have followed all the links, and found a lot of advice on the forums, but nothing worked.
I thought I had it when I did a clean install, but it lasted 2 days and started freezing again.

Would you take a look at my attached file ?

Thanks so much.
Your config.plist file looks OK. (I assume you're running High Sierra 10.13.6 because of your USB port limit patch. I also removed the config.plist attached to your post since it has the SMBIOS info in it.) So, it's another problem. Make sure your Kexts are up to date. Unfortunately, that's all I can think of to try to correct your problem.

Thanks so much for taking the time.
It is already helpful to know that my config file is OK.
I will check my kext files again.

Again, thank you so so much for taking the time.

Thanks again for your files and time!
Question: I checked all the ports, I need HS09, HS10, HS12, they are intern (255?)
Also HS01, HS02, and what's left in the maximum number of ports left: HS03 to HS08
I don't need HS11, HS13 and HS14.
I don't know what ports are for USB-C, do you know the answer?

What program do must I use to edit the dsl file?
The connector type numbers in the DSL are correct, so I would not worry about changing HS09-HS12 to 255. The USR dummy ports are excluded from my DSL, as they are not necessary.

As for the USB-C port, that is attached to the ASMedia controller and therefore handled by a different kext. It will have to be dealt with separately.

You will need to compile the SSDT using maciASL. Instructions can be found in the DSL.

Last edited:
The connector type numbers in the DSL are correct, so I would not worry about changing HS09-HS12 to 255. The USR dummy ports are excluded from my DSL, as they are not necessary.

As for the USB-C port, that is attached to the ASMedia controller and therefore handled by a different kext. It will have to be dealt with separately.

You will need to compile the SSDT using maciASL. Instructions can be found in the DSL.

Yes it works, Thanks for helping me!

Back