Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

No, did not ..
Just booted Clover, selcted my High Sierra, boot without kext injected, selcted NVIDIA web, seems to boot, but I've got a black screen.

Is it possible you enabled auto update and it updated you to Mojave? If that's the case, there are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave and you will either have to go back to High Sierra or use IGPU.

Is it possible you enabled auto update and it updated you to Mojave? If that's the case, there are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave and you will either have to go back to High Sierra or use IGPU.
No, Mojave install file was downloaded but not installed. I think CleanMyMac caused the problem.
I just did a fresh install ..., Thanks for the help.
Fresh install worked, until the
Security Update 2018-002 High Sierra
It broke the Nvidia web driver :(
Is it possible to uninstall the security update 2018-002 - date 30 October - to get the NVIDIA GPU working again?

Last edited:
Could someone help me resolve this? I am getting only 300MHz for my RX 580.

Using whatevergreen and lilu, on Mojave and attached my config.
Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 09.41.48.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 203
Here's an update on my testing Mojave. (Note: these procedures are for graphics cards that don't require the Nvidia drivers.) There's two ways to install Mojave. First and easy way is if you have a running High Sierra 10.13.6 build. The second method is a fresh installation or a "scratch" install.

A couple of words of caution. Mojave is at version 10.14.1. Typically, I don't recommend upgrading to a new macOS until at least 10.x.3 is released. However, after running Mojave since the first Public Betas, I'm impressed that Mojave is mature enough for most users. Obviously, Apple and Nvidia are playing games, and, thus, Nvidia has not been able to release its graphic cards driver for Mojave. So, here's hoping that Apple and Nvidia can come to terms so Nvidia can release drivers for Mojave.

First Method
The easy way is to install Mojave "over" a working installation of High Sierra 10.13.6.
:ch: You'll need to update the kexts, which MultiBeast 10.4.0 installed. You can find the latest kexts in the Download > Kexts forum section. You can download the latest versions of Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen with these links.
:ch: Remove any kexts you may have on your Desktop.
:ch: Place the latest kexts on the Desktop and run KextBeast. Choose the /Library/Extensions/ option to put the kexts.
:ch: After KextBeast completes copying the kexts to /Library/Extensions/, move the kexts off the Desktop to a safe place. (I have a folder /Applications/Hackintosh/kexts/ for the latest kexts.)​
:ch: Backup your High Sierra installation drive with Carbon Copy Cloner or another backup program.
:ch: Make sure you also copy your EFI folder from your High Sierra drive to your backup drive. I do this by:
:ch: mounting the High Sierra drive's EFI partition;
:ch: copy the EFI folder to your Desktop and unload the EFI partition;
:ch: mount the backup drive's EFI partition (which should be empty);
:ch: copy the EFI folder on your Desktop to the backup drive's EFI partition;
:ch: unmount your backup EFI partition; and
:ch: move the EFI folder from the Desktop to the Trash.​
:ch: Now we have to modify the .../EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to USB Port Limit patch. So, using the Terminal command "diskutil list", find your EFI partition for installation drive and mount the EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3.
:ch: Backup up your current config.plist. Now open config.plist in Xcode or PlistEditorPro (my preference) and update your config.plist USB Port Limit patch to:
Code:
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               g/sPD4MDBQAA <--- Update to this
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>MatchOS</key>
               <string>10.14</string>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               g/sPkJCQkJCQ <--- Update to this
               </data>
Note: A simpler way is just to change the Find/Replace data items:
:ch: If you use a text editor, do the following:
Find > g32IDw+DpwQAAA== to g/sPD4MDBQAA
Replace > g32ID5CQkJCQkA== to g/sPkJCQkJCQ​
:ch: If you use a plist editor (PlistEdit Pro or Xcode) or Clover Configurator, do the following:
Find > 837D880F 0F83A704 0000 to 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
Replace > 837D880F 90909090 9090 to 83FB0F90 90909090 90​

:ch: Download Mojave from the Mac App Store and follow the instructions in the tonymacx86 guide Update Directly to macOS Mojave. Note: the installation will reboot several times. Follow the tonymacx86 guide on how the rebooting works; Clover should choose the correct "partition" to reboot from at the Clover Boot Screen.

Second Method
This method will be for a new, fresh install.
:ch: Follow the tonymacx86 guide UniBeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC with the following exceptions.
:ch: Step 3: Recommended BIOS Settings > Use the BIOS and settings in Post #1 - BIOS Setup.
:ch: STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast > Use the MultiBeast settings in Post #1 - Installation Notes including my post installation procedures. Don't reboot at the end of the post MultiBeast procedures.
:ch: Since MultiBeast leaves the EFI partition mounted after it completes the Install process, we have to make some changes to MultiBeast's config.plist USB Port Limit patch which is for High Sierra. The changes below are for Mojave:
Code:
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               g/sPD4MDBQAA <--- Update to this
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>MatchOS</key>
               <string>10.14</string>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               g/sPkJCQkJCQ <--- Update to this
               </data>
Note: A simpler way is just to change the Find/Replace data items:
:ch: If you use a text editor, do the following:
Find > g32IDw+DpwQAAA== to g/sPD4MDBQAA
Replace > g32ID5CQkJCQkA== to g/sPkJCQkJCQ​
:ch: If you use a plist editor (PlistEdit Pro or Xcode) or Clover Configurator, do the following:
Find > 837D880F 0F83A704 0000 to 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
Replace > 837D880F 90909090 9090 to 83FB0F90 90909090 90​

:ch: Now, you can reboot into BIOS and change the boot disk to your Mojave installation disk.

Last edited:
Here is my USB port map SSDT for this motherboard. It should be used in conjunction with RehabMan's USBInjectAll extension and placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. You may then remove the USB port limit patch. ;)

These internal ports will be unavailable but would not otherwise be useful in any case.

Last edited:
Here is my USB port map SSDT for this motherboard. It should be used in conjunction with RehabMan's USBInjectAll extension and placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. You may then remove the USB port limit patch. ;)
Nice one ! I already implemented my ssdt, so take this as a general suggestion ..
To stay in the 15 port limit you have to sacrifice something (likely internal connectors), wouldn't be nice to also post on github the .DSL with a brief explanation (or maybe a link to Rehabman guide) so one could tweak to its taste and decide which port to sacrifice?

Back