Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I see variable frequency so this means that it's working ? I did that frame buffer thing and now at boot no image .
Check for a typo. Mine works like a champ.

Check for a typo. Mine works like a champ.
This is for the Pulse only right? Not for an Asus strix? What's the difference, I'm getting 158 Fps on cinebench. The only thing that is happening odd it's the text, it's kinda not in focus, blurred. I'm with a resolution of 2560x1440.

This is for the Pulse only right? Not for an Asus strix? What's the difference, I'm getting 158 Fps on cinebench. The only thing that is happening odd it's the text, it's kinda not in focus, blurred. I'm with a resolution of 2560x1440.
Correct. Only for the Pulse. I chose the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB because that's what Apple tested and made native for 10.12.6 thru 10.14.0.

If the ASUIS Strix version has the same port layout (reference design), then, it, too, should work.

@Stork, I changed my cooler :) Seems to do a better job.
Question: should I update Clover?
Current booted version: 4630; remote available: 4722
Can you have a look at my bootlog? Should I do any more tweaking?

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 154
@Dutchie2, famous olde saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." If everything is working, you're good. I'm still running Clover r4630. I'll update when MultiBeast for Mojave is released.

So i waited 10 days but got no answer, others well. Was the question too stupid? I really looked around before but just wasnt sure so I asked. XHCI still cant be enabled in my BIOS version and I cant install High Sierra (It just reboots after a short while over and over-> "the installer resourced have expired"). I found some threads on the forum and a lot of opinions like the idea of installing Sierra instead of High Sierra to solve the problem ... some said that high sierra in general can cause problems in the installation and they first installed sierra, then updated to high sierra, but I cant try this out as I dont own it and have no access to it :/ But thats only one idea what the problem is and Im not sure so I ask, as Im really new to all this and just wanted a quick information, what could be the solution to my problem

Last edited:
When I connect my USB 3 devices (Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0), I can't even see it and the mouse, which is connected to USB 2.0, starts stuttering. Was there some PMHeart patch needed to be installed after USBInjectAll/Remove XHCI USB Port Limit was installed with UniBeast? I cant seem to find it in post #1 anymore.

I tried to follow this guide about custom SSDT for my USB ports but nothing happened. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

So i waited 10 days but got no answer, others well...
Don't know the answer which is why I didn't reply. On, installation, the installer wants to report 2 or 3 times. Use the Clover Boot screen default selection to finish the installation.

When I connect my USB 3 devices (Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0), I can't even see it and the mouse, which is connected to USB 2.0, starts stuttering. Was there some PMHeart patch needed to be installed after USBInjectAll/Remove XHCI USB Port Limit was installed with UniBeast? I cant seem to find it in post #1 anymore.

I tried to follow this guide about custom SSDT for my USB ports but nothing happened. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
No additional patches to the config.plist are needed for USB as MultiBeast does the patching upon selection of the Post #1 stated configuration.

No additional patches to the config.plist are needed for USB as MultiBeast does the patching upon selection of the Post #1 stated configuration.
Im running Mojave 10.14 and seems that USB 3.0 does not work directly when i run MultiBeast 10.4. Then i change the Clover Kernel and Kext Patches from
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
  • Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
  • Comment: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart
  • MatchOS: 10.13.x
to
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
  • Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90
  • Comment: USB 10.14+ by PMHeart
  • MatchOS: 10.14.x
The USB 3.0 starts working. Though the write speed is not as good as the read. 60MB/s write and 170MB/s read.

I notice the mouse stuttering only happens on my front ports of the computer case. If i have Logitech USB dongle in USB 2.0 port and USB 3.0 memory stick in 3.0 port it starts stutering. I changed all to onboard usb ports and now everything works fine.

Back