Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I'm using the default, iMac14,2

On a separate note.. which EFI disk should I be mounting? EFI Mounter says that Disk1s1 is the current boot disk but then I don't have the option to choose it. Should I be using disk0s1 or disk 2s1?

Thanks!
Use the Terminal command to see your EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

Updating to 10.13.6 and clover 4586
everything works as it was but one issue, all my USB HDD appear as internal and not external.

Any ideas?

Updating to 10.13.6 and clover 4586
everything works as it was but one issue, all my USB HDD appear as internal and not external.

Any ideas?
Did you add the new 10.13.6 USB patch?
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&amp;FredWst</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.6</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>

You might try iMac18,3 but with an iMac14,2 Board ID (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61).
Is it a good idea for me to try this with my board? I haven't had any luck with iMac18,3 yet especially with RX 580 installed. Had to do what @Stork did and set it to iMac14,2

Is it a good idea for me to try this with my board? I haven't had any luck with iMac18,3 yet especially with RX 580 installed. Had to do what @Stork did and set it to iMac14,2
It takes seconds to try and a few seconds more to revert if it doesn't work - Try it and see.

It takes seconds to try and a few seconds more to revert if it doesn't work - Try it and see.
Wow! It worked. @Stork make a note. I'm up and running with SMBIOS set to iMac18,3. Went from 5,600 to 5,900 on Geekbench (no overclocking). Thanks for the tip @P1LGRIM !!

@P1LGRIM & @luckyal,

Wow! I'll have to try it...especially since it improves performance. However, it will probably screw up iMessages. Oh, well...

@P1LGRIM & @luckyal,

Wow! I'll have to try it...especially since it improves performance. However, it will probably screw up iMessages. Oh, well...
Just checked, iMessage works for me. :)

EDIT (for full disclosure): As I said in this post I screwed up my hack by changing to iMac18,3 from iMac14,2. But to back up a little bit....when I set up 18,3 I took the time to set up iMessage at the time. Obviously after reboot I realized that I didn't have a backup copy of the config.plist and had trouble getting back into the OS to revert back to 14,2. Once I figured out how to do that, instead of reverting back to iMac14,2 I recalled @P1LGRIM suggestion to you and asked it this might work for my Z270 b/o @JCMunsonII build. I figured, what the hell - left the system definition under SMBIOS at iMac18,3 and ONLY changed the Board ID (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61).

As an added benefit, I was able to update to 10.3.6, whereas before, I got an error (attached below).

Attachments

• 10B520B6-C10A-411B-B06E-39F803D58BEF.jpeg
    10B520B6-C10A-411B-B06E-39F803D58BEF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Love the build guide! My first successful hackintosh build :D Though I did have a few bumps in the road on the way like audio, but I found the solution in this thread. Now Microphone access I didn't get working though, and I kinda cheated on that and used a Logitech audio USB dongle to make my mic work.

Another problem I have is the wireless/Bluetooth doesn't work at all, and Bluetooth sure is nice for using my Apple mouse. Has anyone gotten wireless/Bluetooth to work on the MAXIMUS X HERO wifi/ac? If not, I mean it's not a deal killer, but, if I can get it working, that would be swell :D

Other than that, wow, this has to be the fastest "mac" I have ever run with a 8700k/1080ti all running on a custom loop with 32GB of DDR4 3200 memory on a crucial SSD. It's nice and snappy.

Another question if I could ask, I delidded my processor, and in Windows I ran it at 5GHz, and I overclocked the video card to 2050MHz... can I at least overclock the CPU back to 5ghz, or would that break something in macOS?

Back