Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

How did you create your USB Installation thumb drive?
I don't remember but I think I had it partitioned as Mac OS Extended Journaled . But otherwise I used UniBeast to create it. I haven't created a Hacintosh for a while , probably since last year so maybe I forgot some steps.
This problem sounds familar, but I can't remember the solution. I recommend you post this problem in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum system. (It's not specific to our system, IIRC). I'm sorry I can't help you.

I'm using Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext with Profile 1 and sound is working after boot. The only thing I have not figured out is how to get sound back after sleep. Anyone who managed to fix this issue?

This problem sounds familar, but I can't remember the solution. I recommend you post this problem in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum system. (It's not specific to our system, IIRC). I'm sorry I can't help you.

One thing I notice it doesn't show what type of cpu in the about this Mac menu, is their a reason? Also sometimes but not all the time but when booting into the OS , during the log in screen sometimes it will reboot by it self but the second time get back in to the OS it doesn't randomly reboot anymore and is perfectly fine.
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 12.01.44 AM.png

I'm using Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext with Profile 1 and sound is working after boot. The only thing I have not figured out is how to get sound back after sleep. Anyone who managed to fix this issue?
Did you try CodecCommander kext as I described in Post #1?

One thing I notice it doesn't show what type of cpu in the about this Mac menu, is their a reason? Also sometimes but not all the time but when booting into the OS , during the log in screen sometimes it will reboot by it self but the second time get back in to the OS it doesn't randomly reboot anymore and is perfectly fine.
View attachment 339292
The processor information in About This Mac window is lacking in my installation, too. It's purely cosmetic, so I never bothered to "fix it." BTW, always blank out your serial number when you do a screen snapshot of About This Mac. :thumbup:

Never had the reboot problem you describe. Maybe @pastrychef has seen this before.

Last edited:
Yes I Added Codec Commander and it seems to be loaded when I do kextstat |grep Codec

134 0 0xffffff7f80f6b000 0x8000 0x8000 org.tw.CodecCommander (2.6.3) 6032938E-4161-35BC-9507-DE73BFA6ABB3 <96 12 11 4 3 1>

Do I need to make any changes to CodecCommander.kext ?

Hi there,

First time builder here who's having a having a couple of issues having just finished install this morning. Firstly though, massive thanks to @Stork for the guide, it's been amazingly helpful. Hopefully someone will be able to carry me over the finish line.

Firstly I'm having the same issue as @pjmartin82 with loss of audio after sleep. As far as I can tell I've installed the CodecCommander kext.

Additionally, after a morning of functional WIFI, my setup suddenly stopped being able to connect. I click on my network and just get a "network could not be joined" message.
I tried tethering to my phone but it kept saying the password was incorrect.

I've also run into an issue a couple of times now where my computer will be asleep, then I'll hear it suddenly power down (fans LEDs turn off and fans stop spinning) and then it will reboot. Despite rebooting, my screen will stay in power saving mode and won't wake up even if I tap on the keyboard. Ultimately I have to shutdown and reboot to get the system running again. This is completely out of the blue while the system has been sleeping with nothing else running in the background.

Would really appreciate anyone's help as these issues are obviously fairly major!

Last edited:
Hi there,

First time builder here who's having a having a couple of issues having just finished install this morning. Firstly though, massive thanks to @Stork for the guide, it's been amazingly helpful. Hopefully someone will be able to carry me over the finish line.

Firstly I'm having the same issue as @pjmartin82 with loss of audio after sleep. As far as I can tell I've installed the CodecCommander kext.

Additionally, after a morning of functional WIFI, my setup suddenly stopped being able to connect. I click on my network and just get a "network could not be joined" message.
I tried tethering to my phone but it kept saying the password was incorrect.

I've also run into an issue a couple of times now where my computer will be asleep, then I'll hear it suddenly power down (fans LEDs turn off and fans stop spinning) and then it will reboot. Despite rebooting, my screen will stay in power saving mode and won't wake up even if I tap on the keyboard. Ultimately I have to shutdown and reboot to get the system running again. This is completely out of the blue while the system has been sleeping with nothing else running in the background.

Would really appreciate anyone's help as these issues are obviously fairly major!

I also seem to have an issue occasionally where the computer won't wake up from sleep.. or at least my monitor won't.

pjmartin82 & macleod92, What system definitions are you using? I'm using iMac14,2 which is the MultiBeast default.

pjmartin82 & macleod92, What system definitions are you using? I'm using iMac14,2 which is the MultiBeast default.
I'm using the default, iMac14,2

On a separate note.. which EFI disk should I be mounting? EFI Mounter says that Disk1s1 is the current boot disk but then I don't have the option to choose it. Should I be using disk0s1 or disk 2s1?

Thanks!

Back