Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Awesome, i've been scrolling through videos las 20 minutes, so far so good :). I guess more extensive workday tomorrow will tell. Would be great to know what You did ;).

Thanks alot,
PK

I got rid of the SSDT for Kamarang framebuffer.
I enabled CPU power management.
I got rid of Inject Intel.
I got rid of manual ig-platform-id and device-id injection.
I fixed your Clover drivers.
I updated and added a few kexts for you.

I got rid of the SSDT for Kamarang framebuffer.
I enabled CPU power management.
I got rid of Inject Intel.
I got rid of manual ig-platform-id and device-id injection.
I fixed your Clover drivers.
I updated and added a few kexts for you.

I am quite astonished, so far 0 freezes in 3-4 hours. You are a lifesaver !

Praises and bows,
PK

@pastrychef

Ok, i tried FCPX today too, it froze like within a minute :(. Yesterday Davinci worked like gold.

Also i do not see the choices between win and mac on EFI boot menu (menu does not appear at all, it boots straight into mac os).

PK

@pastrychef

Ok, i tried FCPX today too, it froze like within a minute :(. Yesterday Davinci worked like gold.

Also i do not see the choices between win and mac on EFI boot menu (menu does not appear at all, it boots straight into mac os).

PK

Are you overclocked? Are you using XMP with your RAM? If you are, please disable both and see if it stops the freezing.

You can also try disabling IGPU in BIOS and change system definition to iMacPro1,1.

In your original EFI folder, look for /EFI/Microsoft/ and copy the entire Microsoft folder to your new EFI. Secondly, please download and copy the attached NTFS.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Attachments

• NTFS.efi
    131.7 KB · Views: 77
Are you overclocked? Are you using XMP with your RAM? If you are, please disable both and see if it stops the freezing.

You can also try disabling IGPU in BIOS and change system definition to iMacPro1,1.

In your original EFI folder, look for /EFI/Microsoft/ and copy the entire Microsoft folder to your new EFI. Secondly, please download and copy the attached NTFS.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Ok, i don't know how, but now in Bios the primary vga was suddenly Igpu, thats why i did not see the post and could not even get to bios. Anyways, i plugged cable to igpu out and disabled igpu in bios, disabled XMP and changed to imac pro 1,1. I will give it a try.

Thanks,
PK

Ok, i don't know how, but now in Bios the primary vga was suddenly Igpu, thats why i did not see the post and could not even get to bios. Anyways, i plugged cable to igpu out and disabled igpu in bios, disabled XMP and changed to imac pro 1,1. I will give it a try.

Thanks,
PK

Monitor should always be connected to your Vega 56 and NOT your IGPU, regardless of whether you have IGPU enabled or disabled.

In BIOS, Primary Display should be set to your Vega as well.

Monitor should always be connected to your Vega 56 and NOT your IGPU, regardless of whether you have IGPU enabled or disabled.

In BIOS, Primary Display should be set to your Vega as well.

It was connected to Vega 56, had to plug it to igpu only to get to bios. And i am 100% sure i selected vega as primary on bios but somehow it switched by itself.

@pastrychef

Hey, Resolve froze again today. Seems impossible to get it stable :(.
Takes absolute fun out of editing. After restart it doesn't find all mapped drives from qnap etc, by the time i get this working again the vibe is gone, just like starting over again. 5-10 times like this and you don't even understand what you have edited so far :)...

@pastrychef

Hey, Resolve froze again today. Seems impossible to get it stable :(.
Takes absolute fun out of editing. After restart it doesn't find all mapped drives from qnap etc, by the time i get this working again the vibe is gone, just like starting over again. 5-10 times like this and you don't even understand what you have edited so far :)...

Did you get any panic logs?

What kexts do you have in /Library/Extensions/? Are you using SMB to connect to your NAS? I use AFP and I'm always connected to my NAS. I've never had any issues seeing the NAS whether its through the motherboard NIC or through 10GBase-T. The only thing that I can think of which may cause problems is duplicate kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and /Library/Extensions/.

I don't know why you are still seeing crashes. The GPU and IGPU configurations are correct for your hardware. The randomness of the crashes is making me guess it's hardware related. That's why I suggested disabling overclock and XMP.

Thanks for reply, i really appreciate taking the time!

I don't know if there is some panic logs, when it freezes i reboot and after that it opens same apps that were open before reboot and says nothing. Maybe i have to look on specific locations something ?

I did screenshot of kexts in Library/extensions added as file here.
Yes i had Qnap and 10G connect via SMB, as i understood, AFP would be better so i changed that.

I wonder, if it were hardware related, wouldn't it also freeze on windows then also ? 0 probs there.

PK

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 19.56.33.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 19.56.33.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 50
Back