Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Stork,

I have the almost the same build as you do with the exception of my wifi/bluetooth card and GPU. I have the NITRO+ 580. Everything works well, but I'm curious to know why your audio install is different than mine. I've followed your build to the letter, but my audio never works with the steps in your build. I have to go through the long process in the audio guide. Any idea? Also, do you have any issues with your system not shutting off with the bluetooth on? My system keeps rebooting. When I shut off the bluetooth it works just fine. Thanks!

Sam

Hello Stork,

First at all thank you for your build! I used your post for build my first hackintosh, who must replace my old and vaillant Mac Pro 5,1 6x3,46Ghz. (of course i have used buying link, for my cpu and motheboard..etc with Amazon Fr)

I have no encouter problem at all during the installation and post installation procedure, i have followed your guid and Unibeast install guid to the letter.

Unfortunaly, i never succed to activate audio too.. I think i have testing all i can test now.. I have do a lot of clear install, trying to activate ACL1220 after first boot, after desactivate Sip etc.. and i have also trying the other guid for audio part in Tonymacx86 forum.

Now i'm totaly lost..
Have an idea of any solution for my case?

Thank you very much in advance, and Best regards from France!

Last edited:
...Everything works well, but I'm curious to know why your audio install is different than mine. I've followed your build to the letter, but my audio never works with the steps in your build...

...Unfortunately, I never succeeded to activate audio.. I think I have testing all I can test now.. I have do a lot of clear install, trying to activate ACL1220 after first boot, after deactivate sip etc.. and I have also trying the other guide for audio part in Tonymacx86 forum...

(As noted in Post#1's post MultiBeast installation.) Did you run the below after you rebooted from the first MultiBeast installation/reboot?
:ch: Important! Due to a quirk with Apple's cache (see the Note in MultiBeast v10.3.0 Announcement), you'll need to rerun MultiBeast v10.2.0 selecting only the following:

:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1220
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Don't reboot yet! In the Terminal, execute this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot.​

If it didn't work, try the above again.

(As noted in Post#1's post MultiBeast installation.) Did you run the below after you rebooted from the first MultiBeast installation/reboot?

If it didn't work, try the above again.

Yes of course. And i have do a couple of clear install, to be sure that nothing was missing, waiting second boot for install audio drivers and run the terminal command. Reboot. But nothing work..

I will try again, but honestly I have already spent hours.. ^^

I also noticed that it was impossible with Multibeast to install the 3 audio drivers in the same run.

Yes of course. And i have do a couple of clear install, to be sure that nothing was missing, waiting second boot for install audio drivers and run the terminal command. Reboot. But nothing work..

I will try again, but honestly I have already spent hours.. ^^

I also noticed that it was impossible with MultiBeast to install the 3 audio drivers in the same run.
After each MultiBeast install, you have to reboot. If you are still not getting audio to work, I recommend you post your problem in the Audio forum section. But, before doing so, read toleda's sticky thread to find out the required information you must provide. Good luck.

Please report back here when you get your audio working. TIA.

After each MultiBeast install, you have to reboot. If you are still not getting audio to work, I recommend you post your problem in the Audio forum section. But, before doing so, read toleda's sticky thread to find out the required information you must provide. Good luck.

Please report back here when you get your audio working. TIA.

I have just try another fresh install again, then waiting for the second boot and activate audio drivers, one by one, one reboot for each. but no audio.. :(

The only thing differing with your build post it's my key, is a 10.13.4 install. i don't know if this the issue..

I do another fresh install and i report problem in audio section.
For sure, if I find a solution I would post the procedure to follow here! (hoping)

I didn't update to HS until 10.13.4 was released. So, Post #1's installation procedures should work for you. Check your BIOS and review the procedures. I made them with the check for each step so you can print out the procedures and check them off as you complete each step.

I have just try another fresh install again, then waiting for the second boot and activate audio drivers, one by one, one reboot for each. but no audio.. :(

The only thing differing with your build post it's my key, is a 10.13.4 install. i don't know if this the issue..

I do another fresh install and i report problem in audio section.
For sure, if I find a solution I would post the procedure to follow here! (hoping)

No audio at all? Which Output device are you selecting in the Sound pref pane? You should select the first entry - maybe labelled "Internal Speakers" as in Stork's screen grab in post #1 or it may say "Line Out" - I have 3 "Line Out" entries but it's the first one that works.

i'm losing my mind trying to make this work... same mobo, same GPU, same M.2. after i get through the first MultiBeast pass the machine never finishes booting. I get through Clover, then the black screen with apple logo and progress bar, then the screen flicks off and computer reboots. Any ideas?

What's weird is that last night this thing worked perfectly out of the box. I put together the parts, booted off USB, installed, everything was perfect. Then I ran the Security Update and I've been stuck in the mud ever since, with countless reboots, install from scratch, nuke BIOS, etc.

No audio at all? Which Output device are you selecting in the Sound pref pane? You should select the first entry - maybe labelled "Internal Speakers" as in Stork's screen grab in post #1 or it may say "Line Out" - I have 3 "Line Out" entries but it's the first one that works.

Yes, no audio at all and of course no choice of Output device.

But I found a solution !! I downloaded and modified the EFI folder provided from the pastrychef's golden build. Then i put it on new key. Reinstall, Reboot, and, that's all !! Everything works now for the audio part, line out, digital out, display port. All ports are well listed!

I also enable Handoff, Continuity and iMessage (I use this card on the USB 2.0 internal port number 2 https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ )

The only thing that does not work yet is sleep.. The machine goes into sleep mode, but then reactivates after 5 seconds. And Nvidia drivers seems little buggy, for example GSync is not' usable. But it's not an issue on Mac. :)

Last edited:
Back