Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cinebench is a very bad benchmark for GPUs. With a powerful video card, your benchmark results will almost certainly be bottlenecked by CPU.

I just ran Cinebench on my Vega 56 and macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and got 177.15fps.

Therefore, in your situation, the first place I would check would be to see if the CPU is running optimally.

As I said, the old Cinebench GPU benchmark did not do a good job at representing GPU performance. It appears that even Maxon recognized this and have removed the GPU test entirely from the latest version of Cinebench.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-fi AC)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HS build17G5019
with WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.122

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active, and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guide and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but, when I left -s, I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work, and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? To me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HS build17G5019

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guid and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but when I left -s I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? to me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank

I am really sorry but I don’t know what any of your single user mode stuff means or why you were doing that to get your Nvidia card working. I have been running a GTX960 with no issues at all up till a few weeks ago when I switched to AMD. Another friend is using an EVGA GTX1080 without issue under high Sierra as well.

It was always really simple especially after all the graphics patches were merged under whatever green kext. Make sure you have that and lilu installed (personally I inject all kexts from clover) and set Nvidia web as ‘true’ in clover as detailed in this post

You want no other graphics injection anywhere else in clover. With the kexts you should be able to reach desktop without acceleration but once you install the webdriver and reboot you will get full acceleration in high Sierra. I don’t know what SMBIOS you are using but I have always had iMac 18,3 which has been super stable on this build, even when switching GPU over.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!
I have a problem with this build. I'm able to connect Exfat hard disk but not Mac OS Extended (journaled) ones. The hard disk are not displayed connecting to any USB port
What can I do?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!
I have a problem with this build. I'm able to connect Exfat hard disk but not Mac OS Extended (journaled) ones. The hard disk are not displayed connecting to any USB port
What can I do?
Make sure that you have HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Make sure that you have HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

@P1LGRIM VBoxHfs-64.efi is in the folder. What can I do?

Last edited:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HS build17G5019

Maybe I am posting in the wrong spot but this seems active, and I am losing my mind try to figure this out. I went thru @Stork 's guide and was getting ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 and then a black screen. I tried fresh installs, SIP disabled, and a bunch of other stuff all with the same results.

Then I went into single user mode and trying to rm -R GeF*.* everything thing. Only, I could not do it and exited. but, when I left -s, I was brought to my working desktop. Webdrivers were working! Everything seemed fine. I thought maybe I did something while I was in -s and tried to load as normal, but got the black screen, ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 again.

Then I loaded in -safe mode and was a able to get to the desktop. I have full resolution and the graphics card is not limited to 256 mb or whatever. Web drivers don't work, and everything its real glitchy.

My point is, what did I do in -s mode to make everything work? To me it seems like a kext issue, but I don't know how to find out which one. any suggestions would be great!

thank
I've never see this before. Are you trying to install High Sierra or Mojave?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh, I have not mentioned that I was able to connect the Hard Disk and transfer lots of files (after trying to connect and disconnect several times). From then on the hard disk was not able to be seen. I tried with another WD HHD with no luck. Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue @Stork @P1LGRIM ?
Thank you in advance for the help