Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Last edited:

Is it an issue if remplace the FENVI and the SYBA you recommande by another component from the buyer guide?
What "FENVI" AND SYBA?

@Stork, do you have any magic in you config.plist for clock speeds?...
No, I don't.

My audio S1220 worked at 10.13.6 (with inject 7), but failed at 10.14.x.
Did your audio S1220 still working at 10.14.x ?
If it worked, can you share your version of CLOVER, EFI or config.plist ?
I'm using the AppleALC.kext instead of the Realtec ALCxxx driver as I describe in my Post #1 MulitBeast installation procedures.

No, I don't.

I'm using the AppleALC.kext instead of the Realtec ALCxxx driver as I describe in my Post #1 MulitBeast installation procedures.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
May I know the version of your working AppleALC.kext & CLOVER ?
Is it possible to share your EFI/CLOVER/kexts & config.plist at 10.14.x ?
Because I use AppleALC.kext too.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
May I know the version of your working AppleALC.kext & CLOVER ?
Latest versions of AppleALC. Clover version is the one in MultiBeast.

Is it possible to share your EFI/CLOVER/kexts & config.plist at 10.14.x ?
Because I use AppleALC.kext too.
Unlike other build description owners, I do not share my EFI or config.plist because you don't learn if you use someone's EFI or config.plist. However, IIRC, you might be able to use @pastrychef's EFI folder.

Latest versions of AppleALC. Clover version is the one in MultiBeast.

Unlike other build description owners, I do not share my EFI or config.plist because you don't learn if you use someone's EFI or config.plist. However, IIRC, you might be able to use @pastrychef's EFI folder.
Thanks for your advice.
At 10.14.x I can enable both DP audio/video from UHD 630 & HDMI audio/video from GTX-680 with SMBIOS iMac 18,1, but S1220 failed to work.
With SMBIOS 18,3 S1220 audio was enabled, but blank screen for UHD 630 even DP audio was enabled.
Any suggestion for debug or fix ?

Thanks for your advice.
At 10.14.x I can enable both DP audio/video from UHD 630 & HDMI audio/video from GTX-680 with SMBIOS iMac 18,1, but S1220 failed to work.
With SMBIOS 18,3 S1220 audio was enabled, but blank screen for UHD 630 even DP audio was enabled.
Strange. I've not seen/heard of that problem. I don't use on-board video with my graphics cards. So, I can't help you. Maybe @pastrychef can jump in here with help.

Thanks for your advice.

When configured correctly, IGPU (UHD 630) should be headless/connector-less and the motherboard video outs are not supposed to work. The IGPU should also not show up in System Information even though it's enabled in BIOS. If they are working, that means you did not set them to be headless/connector-less.

The audio should work with just AppleALC (and Lilu). You just have to set the correct Audio-ID in config.plist > Devices.

Hi Stork,
I just made my build thanks to your guide.
I updated to Mojave 10.14.3 and made a recovery of the system (to 10.14.3)
After that, the Recovery boot option has disappeared in Clover boot screen.
I have a separate SSD for Time Machine's recovery, it is still recognized in Clover Configurator (attachment). Time Machine also seems to be working, I can select files to restore, and it also appears to be possible to perform a restore of the system via a boot of USB install Mojave.
I also tried to add a custom entry in Clover Configurator/GUI and updated Clover to version r4769.
I wonder if it's my lack of knowledge as a noob or a bug.
Any ideas ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 11.51.03.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 11.51.03.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 65
@Chimiel, Hmmm. I've only a test Mojave installation and don't see the problem you're having. However, I'm vacationing in a warm climite at the time, away from MyHero II. Maybe @pastrychef can help you.

Back