Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Need some Help..
Security update on High Sierra - 2018-003, installed it, asks for a reboot, OK.
On boot in Clover I selected boot Install on HIGH (High Sierra) and it seems that it does nothing.
After a minute or so I get a circle with \.
I tried a couple of times, no luck.
What's the trick?
Thanks for reading and support.

Might be helpful to exclude unnecessary kexts before you boot into the install partition. It won't ever load properly if I allow all my extra kexts to try and load. If I manually exclude them (pretty much everything but FakeSMC, though your mileage may vary) in Clover the install partition loads and completes. Then when it reboots, I do nothing and the system boots with all the kexts loading.

Did you check to see how macOS defined your Frame Buffer? Run DCPIManager and post the screen snapshot.
Maybe it can work with pulse BIOS, but no luck turned Nitro BIOS again now. Mojave installed with USB method I've already checked Frame Buffer.

dpc.png

My RX 580 showing rx 480 in clover boot menu

Noticed the same here as well. When I was able to get the card booted up with my Z170 system, it was showing up as such in System Preferences as well. This is with Orinoco and such enabled.

Might be helpful to exclude unnecessary kexts before you boot into the install partition. It won't ever load properly if I allow all my extra kexts to try and load. If I manually exclude them (pretty much everything but FakeSMC, though your mileage may vary) in Clover the install partition loads and completes. Then when it reboots, I do nothing and the system boots with all the kexts loading.
That's it.
Thank you, saved my day!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe it can work with pulse BIOS, but no luck turned Nitro BIOS again now. Mojave installed with USB method I've already checked Frame Buffer.

View attachment 371344
For all intensive purposes, DCPIManager is showing no Frame Buffer and no associated graphics driver. Try using my Frame Buffer procedures in Post #1, post MultiBeast installation instructions.

@Stork, here's my DCPI screen shot. Do I need to do as you have suggested in post #1? I have a Nitro+ RX 580.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 10.27.10 AM.png

@Stork Thanks, looks like it worked. But I'm showing six ports now instead of 5? Anything about which to be concerned?
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 11.01.28 AM.png

@Stork Thanks, looks like it worked. But I'm showing six ports now instead of 5? Anything about which to be concerned?
View attachment 371498
I just noticed that, too, after you pointed it out. Mine is showing 5 ports. <fingers-crossed> I think you'll be good to go. </fingers-crossed> I've used DVI and DP for two monitors with no problems.

Back