Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

This is great build Stork. I did same config, same h/w. Howewer, I have problems with Firewire card. I use Syba https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002S53IG8/?tag=tonymacx86-21, and I can't enable this =( I really need this because I use UAD card for my audio production. Can somebody help me with this? Thanks in advance.

My system don’t recognize fw card... i have kext and all but no luck..
I'm using no special kext for this FW card...it just works - plug & play.

Is your UAD Firewire 400 or 800? I've been using the FW 800 connections. I'll see if I can find a FW400 device to check. If you have another OS installed and are Multi-booting, check out the card in another OS.

I'm using no special kext for this FW card...it just works - plug & play.

Is your UAD Firewire 400 or 800? I've been using the FW 800 connections. I'll see if I can find a FW400 device to check. If you have another OS installed and are Multi-booting, check out the card in another OS.
Maybe try a different slot.
Which slot is yours in @Stork ?

According to the owner's manual, the FW card is in the last PCIe x1_3 slot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 12.53.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 12.53.51 PM.png
    271.2 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:
Tnx for all help. I use same slot. UAD is satellite firewire and i use 800 port.. Its strange that i cant get any system information - firewire card info is empty and i try two diferent fw cards... then i looked under PCI cards.. it shows only graphic card... :( I wonder if kextbeast can help or im doomed

Tnx for all help. I use same slot. UAD is satellite firewire and i use 800 port.. Its strange that i cant get any system information - firewire card info is empty and i try two diferent fw cards... then i looked under PCI cards.. it shows only graphic card... :( I wonder if kextbeast can help or im doomed
From that information, it indicates that the Sybra may be dead. Did you try it with another OS? Or in another computer?

However, in the System Report > Hardware > Firewire I see the following:

In the PCI heading, it shows no PCI on my system which is strange.

But, all my other PCIe cards are shown under the appropriate category for Graphics/Displays and Bluetooth (and WiFi which is a PCIe card).

So, if it's a good card and seated correctly, it should show up under the Firewire in System Reports.

Attachments

• Firewire.png
    Firewire.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 731
  • PCI.png
    PCI.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Am running a very similar build to you (thanks for the guide Stork) and have the Syba FW card advised on page 1 in the first slot PCIe x1_1above my graphics board. Worked out of the box for me with an Avid 003 connected on the 400 port and also running hard drives from the 800 port on an 800 to 400 adapter.

Back