Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
apples.jpeg

I'm trying to install High Sierra. I got it to install just fine and was working on making the final configurations with MultiBeast. I restarted the computer before the configurations were finalized and it booted into this screen. Thought..."No problem...I'll just reformat everything and do a fresh install." Well, now every time the installation completes...it goes to this screen. Thoughts?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today, I decided to make the switch to Catalina using this build. After the obvious update of Clover and kexts to the latest revision, I found myself unable to boot into the install because of error AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload2-274)

Some research showed me that USB power property injection was not implemented correctly.

By following -> this post <- i have been able to boot the installer and complete the upgrade successfully.

In short, for our build, it came down to apply ACPI patch "Change EC0 to EC" in Clover and then deploying SSDT-USBX in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

So far so good, everything works fine, including tricky stuff like sleep and Handoff. I don't have an iPad to try SideCar on.

Only problem is with DRM in Safari, but I have to admit it was already the same in Mojave. I never spent enough time on it to find a solution, since it works correctly in Chrome

Thank you ! Changing ECO to EC did the trick for me,
Here's my Clover/kexts/other folder;
Kind regards

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 22.33.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 22.33.19.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 29
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
mac.jpeg

I have another issue where I finally was able to install High Sierra. When the computer restarts and tries to load the freshly installed OS...it gets stuck at the 90% mark every time.

I successfully installed the OS WITHOUT my graphics card. But it was really buggy. I reformatted it and tried to start new WITH the graphics card (Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB). Now I'm having this issue.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jasonbourne, Please boot in the verbose (-v) mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck. @pastrychef and I will try to help.

BTW, are you using the latest hackintosh kexts? (Luli, AppleALC, Whatevergren, etc.)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
So I took the graphics card out. Booted into the OS...and then from there I was able to finish up the process of using MultiBeast to make the final configurations and installing the kexts. Then I installed the graphics card, and it booted fine. I'm using the latest kext files. I installed AppleALC through MultibBeast. I assume it's the latest...

However, now it's saying I have no WiFi hardware installed. It was working before I added my graphics card. I double checked and it's seated properly...

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I took the graphics card out. Booted into the OS...and then from there I was able to finish up the process of using MultiBeast to make the final configurations and installing the kexts. Then I installed the graphics card, and it booted fine. I'm using the latest kext files. I installed AppleALC through MultibBeast. I assume it's the latest...

However, now it's saying I have no WiFi hardware installed. It was working before I added my graphics card. I double checked and it's seated properly...

What kind of Wi-Fi card are you using?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
The recommended one in the build. The Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth 4 PCIe Card

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you ! Changing ECO to EC did the trick for me,
Here's my Clover/kexts/other folder;
Kind regards

A rename of the EC on this board or any desktop is really not a good way to set up as written in the SSDT-EC-USBX guide -

* Try NOT to rename EC0, H_EC, etc. to EC.
* These devices are incompatible with macOS and may break
* at any time. AppleACPIEC kext must NOT load.
* See the disable code below.
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "SsdtEC", 0x00001000)
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)
/*
* Uncomment replacing EC0 with your own value in case your
* motherboard has an existing embedded controller of PNP0C09 type.
* While renaming EC0 to EC might potentially work initially,
* it connects an incompatible driver (AppleACPIEC) to your hardware.
* This can make your system unbootable at any time or hide bugs that
* could trigger randomly

Take a clean dump of the DSDT from clover during boot up, download SSDTTime from CorpNewt and drop the DSDT from ACPI/origin onto that and it will give you a proper EC patch to add to the SSDT-EC-USBX.

This board like a few ASUS boards has a weird anomaly where it actually has 2 embedded controllers at EC0 and H_EC, and the SSDTTime script identifies them both and correctly makes sure that they are disabled so AppleACPIEC does not load.

I am still running on Mojave myself, but try and keep my system running as efficiently as possible so I will have no issues for the upgrade to Catalina, and eventual switch to OpenCore.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A rename of the EC on this board or any desktop is really not a good way to set up as written in the SSDT-EC-USBX guide -

* Try NOT to rename EC0, H_EC, etc. to EC.
* These devices are incompatible with macOS and may break
* at any time. AppleACPIEC kext must NOT load.
* See the disable code below.
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "SsdtEC", 0x00001000)
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)
/*
* Uncomment replacing EC0 with your own value in case your
* motherboard has an existing embedded controller of PNP0C09 type.
* While renaming EC0 to EC might potentially work initially,
* it connects an incompatible driver (AppleACPIEC) to your hardware.
* This can make your system unbootable at any time or hide bugs that
* could trigger randomly

Take a clean dump of the DSDT from clover during boot up, download SSDTTime from CorpNewt and drop the DSDT from ACPI/origin onto that and it will give you a proper EC patch to add to the SSDT-EC-USBX.

This board like a few ASUS boards has a weird anomaly where it actually has 2 embedded controllers at EC0 and H_EC, and the SSDTTime script identifies them both and correctly makes sure that they are disabled so AppleACPIEC does not load.

I am still running on Mojave myself, but try and keep my system running as efficiently as possible so I will have no issues for the upgrade to Catalina, and eventual switch to OpenCore.

Thnx !
That makes sense, I'll try that.
Any advice how to take a clean dump of the DSDT from clover during boot ?
Thans again for helping out,

Chimiel