Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Weird. My RX480 DP port still works as before in my experimental 10.3.4 install. With lilu and whatevergreen, that is. Otherwise I boot to blackscreen, just as before in High Sierra.

Weird. My RX480 DP port still works as before in my experimental 10.3.4 install. With lilu and whatevergreen, that is. Otherwise I boot to blackscreen, just as before in High Sierra.
What SysDef (SMBIOS) are you using? I'm using the iMac18,3.

For some reason (probably my fault), I do not have the same KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch as you. So, backup your config.plist (if you haven't done so already), and I recommend replacing the following in your config.plist:
Code:
Good luck. :thumbup:[/QUOTE

Sound is Working. Thank you very very much. I guess I need to learn this Hackentosh world at a deeper level. What should I read to understand config.plist and why this code edit fixed things? It would be good to be able to be my own tech support.

Another question that's not a problem with the build but maybe you can steer me to what I need to read. I have the m.2 NVMe SSD drive and a 4T data drive. When I drag a document to the Documents folder in the Finder or store a document to Documents, the file is stored on the m.2 drive rather than the Data drive. Similarly for pictures storing them in photographs in the Finder it is also stored on the m.2 drive rather than on the Data drive. I want to use the m.2 drive for the OS and for my Programs while all the data, documents, photographs and music are stored on the Data drive. How can I set this up?

Again Stork, many thanks.

The 10.13.4 Supplemental Update "broke" the use of my RX 580's DP ports using the System Definition (SMBIOS) iMac18,3 which I used since Sierra 10.12.6. I regained the use of the DP ports by changing the System Definition to iMac14,2. Power Management (PM) is better with 14,2, too. (I'm running the latest Intel PowerGadget (v3.5.2) to confirm I'm getting good PM w/o using a SSDT for PM.)

Hopefully, the next High Sierra update (10.13.5) will correct this problem for the iMac18,3 SysDef.

Last edited:
I don't have audio .. I installed ALC1220 after the other kexts like in the guide.
why?
Try it again:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1220
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Don't reboot yet! In the Terminal, execute this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot.

Good Luck! Sometimes it can be a PITA.

Try it again:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1220
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Don't reboot yet! In the Terminal, execute this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot.

Good Luck! Sometimes it can be a PITA.
I have tried several times with no success.
Now i have tried again but nothing happend.

I have tried several times with no success.
Now i have tried again but nothing happend.
Attach your config.plist editing out the SMBIOS info, and I'll have a look at it.

Your config.plist file looked OK. (I deleted it from your post after downloading it as it still had your SMBIOS info in it.)

So, when you open up the Sound System Preference pane, do you see anything in your Output window?

Back