Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Thanks for reply, i really appreciate taking the time!

I don't know if there is some panic logs, when it freezes i reboot and after that it opens same apps that were open before reboot and says nothing. Maybe i have to look on specific locations something ?

I did screenshot of kexts in Library/extensions added as file here.
Yes i had Qnap and 10G connect via SMB, as i understood, AFP would be better so i changed that.

I wonder, if it were hardware related, wouldn't it also freeze on windows then also ? 0 probs there.

PK

Yup... As suspected... Please delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
realtekALC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Yup... As suspected... Please delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
realtekALC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Now my internet is gone :)

Here it is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 70

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 60
Ok, great, now to testing agin :).

Ook, about few hours of editing - so far so good! :)
Awesome knowledge Pastrychef, thank You very much!

PK

Last edited:
hello @pastrychef ,
I also would you like some help / verification of my current installation.
I'm running a hardware setup very similar to Stork's one with an exception to the GPU: mine is MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB instead of the well known Sapphire RX 580 Pulse.

I followed exactly the installation guide in post #1 with integration of post #448 for Mojave installation with fresh new install (second method). I addition to that I also added two ACPI patches SSDT-EC and SSDT-UIAC that I copied from the forum (as I'm not familiar nor understand ACPI yet).

Now my installation is running fine on 10.14.3 and my machine shows up as iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Only issue is that my system doesn't sleep by itself, only if i select sleep manually

I'd like to upgrade to latest 10.14.6 but I read that things change in terms of USB patching and limitations + also in terms of GPU configuration. I plan to update whatevergreen, Lilu and AppleALC to latest version (and maybe also clover) and then to allow my system to update os.

Would you mind to have a look to my EFI folder and /S/E files to confirm / tell me possible optimization before I do that?
(In that case I'll upload my EFI folder + screenshot of /S/E

Thanks in advance

hello @pastrychef ,
I also would you like some help / verification of my current installation.
I'm running a hardware setup very similar to Stork's one with an exception to the GPU: mine is MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB instead of the well known Sapphire RX 580 Pulse.

I followed exactly the installation guide in post #1 with integration of post #448 for Mojave installation with fresh new install (second method). I addition to that I also added two ACPI patches SSDT-EC and SSDT-UIAC that I copied from the forum (as I'm not familiar nor understand ACPI yet).

Now my installation is running fine on 10.14.3 and my machine shows up as iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Only issue is that my system doesn't sleep by itself, only if i select sleep manually

I'd like to upgrade to latest 10.14.6 but I read that things change in terms of USB patching and limitations + also in terms of GPU configuration. I plan to update whatevergreen, Lilu and AppleALC to latest version (and maybe also clover) and then to allow my system to update os.

Would you mind to have a look to my EFI folder and /S/E files to confirm / tell me possible optimization before I do that?
(In that case I'll upload my EFI folder + screenshot of /S/E

Thanks in advance

Please post your EFI folder and a screenshot of what's in your /Library/Extensions/ folder.

Also, please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Hi Stork! at long last after much dithering, I have finally committed to building a pretty close copy of your project.

The parts are ordered -- Newegg Canada prices:

1 x ($139.99) Cooler Master HAF XB EVO - High Air Flow Test Bench and LAN Box Desktop Computer Case with ATX Motherboard Support

1 x ($336.55) SilverStone Strider SST-ST70F-TI 700W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS TITANIUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

1 x ($41.27) Thermaltake Slim X3 CLP0534 80mm CPU Cooler

1 x ($389.99) ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Onboard 802.11 ac

1 x ($469.99) Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I78700K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630

1 x ($366.60) Ballistix Sport LT - DDR4 - 32 GB: 2 x 16 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 2400 MHz / PC4-19200 - CL16 - 1.2 V - unbuffered - non-ECC

1 x ($279.99) Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC w/ Backplate (UEFI), 100411P8GOCL

1 x ($255.99) SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7E500BW

1 x ($11.99) Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G

Also a couple of 2TB WD disks plus some 16GB thumbdrives for the install and an external USB drive for backups.

Plan is to build at the recommended OSX release (whichever is easiest to integrate the graphics card), then restore all my apps, user files etc from GiGi via Time Machine.

This will be only my 2nd build so I'm a tad nervous :) but OTOH I got the same case I used before and same P/S brand so it should be fairly familiar. And I know I can count on this web site for expert advice, so... watching the calendar now waiting for my boxes to show up at the PO! Just wanted to let you know I did finally bite the bullet and order the Sapphire cards (one for the new build and one to upgrade GiGi which will be given to my partner). So you were not wasting your time giving me advice and encouragement some months back :) had a good long summer vacation... and now it's raining and I'm ready to tackle indoor projects. Will document as I go and write it up properly.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and also ask a question if possible.
I am planning to make another build. Usually i use gigabyte motherboards but i found a sh system with ASUS ROG-STRIX Z370-H Gaming. Is this motherboard ok for a mojave build? Will i be able to make everything work same like with asus rog maximus hero? I saw it has a slightly different audio codec. it`s that a big deal? Thank you and i am sorry if it`s off topic.

Back