Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 11.2 and OC 0.6.6
Everything OK !

Updated to 11.2 and OC 0.6.6
Everything OK !
Ive recently bought a new hard drive and installed OC 0.6.5 with Catalina to test, runs fine so far, I have not done any post install steps yet (USB port mapping etc) but everything seems okay with it for the couple hours I spent with it.

Quick question, can I update it straight to Big Sur. now that OC is running with Catalina, or is there some special steps? I tried to find that answer on the OC guides but maybe I missed it.

I have the same motherboard with same CPU. I used OpenCore 0.6.6 for Big Sur installation. I have Sapphire RX 5500 XT, but I can't use it. agdpmode=pikera does not work in boot-args. The system works with HD 530. When I just plug the external GPU, system goes in infinite reboot. What should I do? What am I missing?

Ive recently bought a new hard drive and installed OC 0.6.5 with Catalina to test, runs fine so far, I have not done any post install steps yet (USB port mapping etc) but everything seems okay with it for the couple hours I spent with it.

Quick question, can I update it straight to Big Sur. now that OC is running with Catalina, or is there some special steps? I tried to find that answer on the OC guides but maybe I missed it.
You can clone your system on your new hard drive and update it. I think that if you can update to Big Sur, it should work.

Hi Stork,
hope everything is fine on your end. My build (thx to all your help) is running smooth. Until recently, I discovered some „strange“ behaviour. My keyboard and mouse (both Apple USB) are not responding anymore.

Booting is fine, everything work for hours and then suddenly the wheel of death and not input is possible anymore.

I`m running Mac OS 10.14.16 (18G8022) since last year, so no updates etc. at all.

First I tried to reach the BIOS. Mouse/keyboard are working.
Next, I tried to boot into Recovery mode (space bar until my Clover screen pops up – mouse/keyboard are working), select the Recovery option and boot.......... then the fun starts.
When I reached the option screen (install, disk utility etc.) no input is possible anymore. Plugged into different USB ports....... nothing (even no „red“ light from under the mouse).

Any suggestions what this is? o_O
To my knowledge, it`s zero and ones, either USB is working or not. There is no „in-between“, right?!?
BTW, I´m typing this post on the same system/build, so everything is working for now.
Until the next tick.....

best
Michael

Hi Stork,
hope everything is fine on your end. My build (thx to all your help) is running smooth. Until recently, I discovered some „strange“ behavior. My keyboard and mouse (both Apple USB) are not responding anymore...
What version of Clover or OpenCore are you running?
Booting is fine, everything work for hours and then suddenly the wheel of death and not input is possible anymore.

I`m running Mac OS 10.14.16 (18G8022) since last year, so no updates etc. at all.
I take it you're running the latest version of Mojave which is 10.14.6, not 16.
First I tried to reach the BIOS. Mouse/keyboard are working.
Next, I tried to boot into Recovery mode (space bar until my Clover screen pops up – mouse/keyboard are working), select the Recovery option and boot.......... then the fun starts.
When I reached the option screen (install, disk utility etc.) no input is possible anymore. Plugged into different USB ports....... nothing (even no „red“ light from under the mouse).

Any suggestions what this is? o_O
To my knowledge, it`s zero and ones, either USB is working or not. There is no „in-between“, right?!?
BTW, I´m typing this post on the same system/build, so everything is working for now.
Until the next tick.....

best
Michael
Make sure your USB map is up to date.

What version of Clover or OpenCore are you running?
I`m running v2.4k r4934
I take it you're running the latest version of Mojave which is 10.14.6, not 16.
Correct, it`s 10.14.6... damn typo :banghead:
Make sure your USB map is up to date.
What do you mean by „up to date“? Did I create a 15 port limit SSDT-USB.aml? Yes I did.

Thx a lot for your help.
best
M.

Hi,
I have been running my system for about 6 years now. Firstly, Sierra was installed, then upgraded to High Sierra and recently to Mojave.
Last week, somehow it restarted itself and did not finished the booting. I used my thumbrive (Mojave UniBeast), and copy across EFI—now it could boot. But, It cant do dual monitor anymore.
I have a low end NVIDIA Quadro K420.
One thing I noticed is that, in Display setting, it does not show the monitor type. Previously, it was telling me, for instance, Samsung etc...
Any suggestion?

Cheers,

vapour

PS: Also, BIOS does not show any info about the video card. (I am now sure it was before.)

I believe nvidia is not loading properly.

1628999311338.png

Last edited:
I believe nvidia is not loading properly
The K420 has native support, they do not need the web drivers and the web drivers only work up to High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back