Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeahh you are the best my usb stick is flashing and voila.

Let's continue!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_233518.jpg
    IMG_20200812_233518.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Step 2

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_233709.jpg
    IMG_20200812_233709.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Your GTX 760 is still supported, IIRC. Check your System Information to see if the 760 is Metal compatible.
Yes it is Metal Compatible. Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Angry at myself for not realizing that before. Thanks Stork! Now I just need to schedule some time to work through a fresh install and figure out whether I'm ready to plunge into Catalina or even Big Sur (in a month?...).

I'm surprised this thread is still on Clover. OpenCore is really superior, and kind of easy, if you read the manual.

Maddeen has done most of the work

Tried with 0.5.9 - everything worked except it would always crash upon wake (black screen, full fans).

I didn't notice any performance difference with OC, albeit in apps or boot time.

@Yoga and
I'm surprised this thread is still on Clover. OpenCore is really superior, and kind of easy, if you read the manual.

Maddeen has done most of the work
There is a reason they call it Beta 0.x.x. I'm still Mojave, and, until I get my 32bit apps updated or replaced, Mojave will be the macOS for my production hackintoshes.

Recently switched to OpenCore 0.6 + Catalina (Sapphire Pulse 580 RX along my 1080 Ti) and everything is working like a charm.

The OpenCore documentation is really great

@jonz did you have to do alteration from default values for this mother board? Do you mind posting your config.plist and screenshot of ACPI and Kext folders?
@Stork OC might be in beta, but my experience is OC is way more stable (and better documented) than Clover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back