Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, now about that Overclock ssdt ;)
Pretty sure my system is already running on the warmer side as it is, but want to give the overclock a try.

Sure, attached. Boosts to 4.6Ghz.

BIOS is set to 4.6 on all cores, manually. Can't remember the vcore etc, will report back once I reboot the Mac (working atm!).

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml
    375 bytes · Views: 45
Nice, now about that Overclock ssdt ;)
Pretty sure my system is already running on the warmer side as it is, but want to give the overclock a try.

BTW - what OS are you on? I believe that High Sierra or above doesn't need an SSDT if you're using 17,1 and PluginType=True in Clover.

In the working Mojave EFI @pastrychef sent over there is no overclock/CPU SSDT and it's working fine.

BTW - what OS are you on? I believe that High Sierra or above doesn't need an SSDT if you're using 17,1 and PluginType=True in Clover.

OH thats right, I am on Catalina with 17,1, I don't need an SSDT, but I thought for overclock maybe I did need one. SO just Bios adjustments would do it then?

OH thats right, I am on Catalina with 17,1, I don't need an SSDT, but I thought for overclock maybe I did need one. SO just Bios adjustments would do it then?

I believe so - it's working here.

I believe so - it's working here.

Thanks, I guess Ill give it a try later today! Curious, do you know if your usb 3.1 ports work at 10gb/s. My USB-A 3.1 runs at 3.0 speeds, and the usb-c runs art 2.0 speeds. Wonder if anyones been able to get them to run at 10gb/s with this board.

Please try this.

Hey man. Not having much luck here - I bought a new SSD to make a new APFS backup of the system drive. All I did was connect it to the hack and then boot as usual.

All of a sudden by boot drive will now only boot Windows. In fact it's labelled "Windows Boot Manager".

I didn't touch anything (EFI is the same), yet I can't get into Mojave now.

Have you seen this before or have any ideas?

Hey man. Not having much luck here - I bought a new SSD to make a new APFS backup of the system drive. All I did was connect it to the hack and then boot as usual.

All of a sudden by boot drive will now only boot Windows. In fact it's labelled "Windows Boot Manager".

I didn't touch anything (EFI is the same), yet I can't get into Mojave now.

Have you seen this before or have any ideas?
The BIOS would always prioritise Windows Boot Manager over OS UEFI (Mac), so I just deleted the Microsoft folder from EFI.

I'll deal with that another day, at least now I can boot into Mojave.

Sound like you had Windows and macOS on the same drive and you did a Windows update which messed with your EFI folder. Just copy the EFI that I gave you back to your main system drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back