Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely, Clover is a bootloader and it looks like it has completed its function if you are at the login screen.
Check your BIOS settings.
Try your keyboard/mouse in different USB ports.

If you choose to update Clover be aware that the drivers location has changed in the newer versions, you need to have all of the required drivers in the new location.

Tried all ports, and the BIOS settings look fine (only Mojave not working with it).

The version of Clover I'm tempted to update to is around r4565, which was around when Mojave was out so retains the older Clover/UEFIdrivers64 folder (or whatever it's called).

So damn close.

That didn't go well, I've spent all day so far tying to get Mojave to work.

Problem #1: I've managed to get to the login screen, post upgrade, but even though the mouse and keyboard work in Clover, they don't work at all at the login screen. I can't login or do anything. I'm using USBInjectAll (latest), and the Mojave USB port limit patches.

Problem #2: After updating to Mojave, Clover can't seem to boot from it. I'm having to use the EFI on another drive (Carbon Copy Clone El Cap install), with the APFS UEFI driver added to it.

Problem #3: Part of me is tempted to just revert back to El Cp, BUT it's now APFS. So when I boot from my backup El Cap install, it cannot see/read the Mojave drive. Hence I can't restore the backup to it.

I am totally stuck. Could you please help?

First of all, im a novice so take my advice with a grain of salt....

For clover to see the EFI on the apfs I think you may need apfs.efi in the Drivers64 folder, But I think with a newer clover version you do not need that (so updating clover on that APFS may fix that)

For the mouse and keyboard not working, make sure you have set EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

That didn't go well, I've spent all day so far tying to get Mojave to work.

Problem #1: I've managed to get to the login screen, post upgrade, but even though the mouse and keyboard work in Clover, they don't work at all at the login screen. I can't login or do anything. I'm using USBInjectAll (latest), and the Mojave USB port limit patches.

Problem #2: After updating to Mojave, Clover can't seem to boot from it. I'm having to use the EFI on another drive (Carbon Copy Clone El Cap install), with the APFS UEFI driver added to it.

Problem #3: Part of me is tempted to just revert back to El Cp, BUT it's now APFS. So when I boot from my backup El Cap install, it cannot see/read the Mojave drive. Hence I can't restore the backup to it.

I am totally stuck. Could you please help?

Apply one of the proper USB fixes and stop using those 15 port limit patches.

Make sure all your kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and NOT in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions/.

Don't use the APFS driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/. Use ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

Apply one of the proper USB fixes and stop using those 15 port limit patches.

Make sure all your kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and NOT in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions/.

Don't use the APFS driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/. Use ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

I already have an SSDT for USB made for El Capitan, still no keyboard or mouse at Mojave login screen hence I tested the port limit patch to see if it helped.

Everything is in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- USBInject
- FakeSMC
- IntelMausi
- Lilu

Using /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ApfsDriverLoader.efi

For the mouse and keyboard not working, make sure you have set EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Just added the EHC1/2 via Clover Configurator. Still not working :(

Would CSR/SIP have anything to do with it?
maybe if you zip and upload your EFI, someone could take a look

I already have an SSDT for USB made for El Capitan, still no keyboard or mouse at Mojave login screen hence I tested the port limit patch to see if it helped.

Everything is in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- USBInject
- FakeSMC
- IntelMausi
- Lilu

Using /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ApfsDriverLoader.efi

Just added the EHC1/2 via Clover Configurator. Still not working :(

Please post your EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 144
Status