Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success? Failure?

YES! You are the man!
First boot it gave me all black screens after apple logo, then I went and made the changes in Bios to Enable the IGPU and now it works and I can encode h.264!

Last Q. When I do update to either Mojave or Catalina, should I remain on the 17,1 definition?

Thanks! I did Loose Audio, well its trying to use my DP port for audio and thats not working, and it is not giving me any other options. My monitor does have speakers but I've always plugged them in with the 3.5 jack, not sure if the monitor supports the audio through the DP. I may just need to re add the AppleALC drivers, ill report back when I try that!

Thanks! I did Loose Audio, well its trying to use my DP port for audio and thats not working, and it is not giving me any other options. My monitor does have speakers but I've always plugged them in with the 3.5 jack, not sure if the monitor supports the audio through the DP. I may just need to re add the AppleALC drivers, ill report back when I try that!

Find out what codec your motherboard uses. Then match it up with the following list. (It should be ALC1150.)

Add "alcid=xx" to boot arguments where xx=the audio-id listed on the supported codecs list. (I suggest trying alcid=1, 2, or 3 first.)

Find out what codec your motherboard uses. Then match it up with the following list. (It should be ALC1150.)

Add "alcid=xx" to boot arguments where xx=the audio-id listed on the supported codecs list. (I suggest trying alcid=1, 2, or 3 first.)

Hmm no such luck on any of them... Attached is where I added the boot argument in clover for my plist, that is correct location right? Strange.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.27.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.27.43 PM.png
    527.5 KB · Views: 63
Hmm no such luck on any of them... Attached is where I added the boot argument in clover for my plist, that is correct location right? Strange.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 9.48.19 PM.png

Thanks I guess that worked! So now Audio works through Display port.. but still no option for the 3.5 headphone jack from MB. I don't mind DP port Audio, but theres no native way to adjust the volume unless I use the monitors buttons. I am able to use the my apple keyboard by using this app that I found: https://github.com/MonitorControl/MonitorControl, this allows me to control the monitors speaker volumes with the keyboard, but the volume goes from 0 percent to like 30% with one key press, But found that alt+shift+volume allows for smaller increments.

Thanks again for all the help!

Thanks I guess that worked! So now Audio works through Display port.. but still no option for the 3.5 headphone jack from MB. I don't mind DP port Audio, but theres no native way to adjust the volume unless I use the monitors buttons. I am able to use the my apple keyboard by using this app that I found: https://github.com/MonitorControl/MonitorControl, this allows me to control the monitors speaker volumes with the keyboard, but the volume goes from 0 percent to like 30% with one key press, But found that alt+shift+volume allows for smaller increments.

Thanks again for all the help!

No. HDMI audio is different from on-board audio.

Please try with this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back