Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller and are not counted towards the 15 port limit.

Ahh - so they are on the AsMedia-Controller I guess. If I understand it right the only chance is that there is a kext out there to support USB 3.1 Type C on this specific controller right?
Or is it impossible when the controller is not the Intel chipset?

Ahh - so they are on the AsMedia-Controller I guess. If I understand it right the only chance is that there is a kext out there to support USB 3.1 Type C on this specific controller right?
Or is it impossible when the controller is not the Intel chipset?

Yes, they are on ASMedia controller.

macOS should have built-in support for the ASMedia controller. You shouldn't need to do anything extra to get them working.

You're right. I quickly borrow an USB Type-C stick from my neighbor - works fine. Thanks for that hint!!

Found out that the cable got a problem. After changing it, iPad Pro got recognized in Finder BUT not in Ssidecar.
As soon as I connect the iPad via cable, Sidecar app changes from displaying my iPad Pro as a device to a greyed out "no devices". As soon as I disconnect, it changes again to "iPad Pro" as a compatible device.

So there must be a problem when using Sidecar via cable - over WiFi it works flawless.
Thanks.

@Stork,
Have you updated to Mojave with this build? If so, does everything still work?
I keep forgetting to document how I did it. But, it's easy. I mentioned it in Post #1646.

After you install Mojave, see my post here to get ready for Catalina.

I have a bootable Mojave USB created in a Unibeast 9.2.0. I installed it on another PC without any questions, and then it goes to such a menu

Attachments

• скрин.jpg
    скрин.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
For those of you who are masochists and have updated to Catalina, you can see why I advocating not upgrading to a new macOS until the .3 update, especially Catalina.

Additionally, Catalina won't run 32bit apps. I always wait until at least the .3 update of macOS to make sure Apple gets the major bugs corrected.

BTW, get the GO64 freeware utility to identify all your 32bit applications so you can update them or get rid of them and find new ones that 64bit applications. See this article about more information on using GO54 and the 32bit application issue.

Finally, Mojave has mature UniBeast and MultiBeast. Use the tonymacx86 guide:

Yes,
I made a mistake of upgrading Catalina, and all went South! It took only one hour to revert back! Well, I ended up upgrading from Sierra to Mojave.
I have a horrible video card on my ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, and wondering if I could upgrade to a 3D-capable video card, such as NVIDIA Quadro P4000? Anyone tried this?

@Stork, hello! can you please attach your clover folder? All USB disconnects after selecting a boot disk, I don’t know what to do ...
Although once all the same it booted from a flash drive by some miracle, it no longer comes out

@Stork, hello! can you please attach your clover folder? All USB disconnects after selecting a boot disk, I don’t know what to do ...
Although once all the same it booted from a flash drive by some miracle, it no longer comes out
What version of macOS have you installed?

(I don't post my EFI or config.plist files as you don't learn how to debug your installation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back